You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

34 views
YLTO Member Zone > MARGO: SERIAL KILLER

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margo (last edited Jan 24, 2020 08:38AM) (new)

Margo | 9593 comments OK I'm following in Cheries (and probably others before her) footsteps, at selling up a SERIEL KILLER list.

I never realised how out of control my series were until I came to them and I'm saying that at the half-way mark.

I hope that this will help me to finish of a few!


message 3: by Margo (last edited Nov 25, 2021 07:50AM) (new)


message 4: by Margo (last edited Nov 25, 2021 06:06AM) (new)

Margo | 9593 comments HISTORIC FICTION SERIES
WIDEACRE TRILOGY
Wideacre
The Favored Child
Meridon
ALEXANDER THE GREAT
Fire from Heaven
The Persian Boy


message 6: by Margo (last edited Nov 25, 2021 05:26AM) (new)

Margo | 9593 comments OTHER FICTION SERIES
CHRONICLES OF BARSETSHIRE
The Warden
Barchester Towers
Dr. Thorne UNOWNED
Framley Parsonage


message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments R


message 8: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments R


message 9: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19791 comments Good luck, Margo.


message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments That's a lot of series, Margo! Have fun.


message 11: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Thanks guys.

It is scary listing all the series I own, I had no idea it was so many! I only put the the first book of a series on my tbr so it didn't seem quite so bad. I need to seriously change buying habits.

My new slogan is "just say NO to books!"


message 12: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2768 comments Margo wrote: "Thanks guys.

It is scary listing all the series I own, I had no idea it was so many! I only put the the first book of a series on my tbr so it didn't seem quite so bad. I need to seriously change ..."


Good luck with your slogan. Like all new year resolutions...I’ll check back on you in a another week or two. ;)


message 13: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Do Janenne, I might have finished listing all my series by then. I am seriously shocked by how many i have :-O


message 14: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments My first shot at a series this year - One Word Kill. A promising start.


message 15: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2768 comments Oh, I like how you listed the genres! I didn’t do that. I may have to go back and copy it! I did list it on Dom’s and my joint page as “out of this world” for fantasies and such but I wasn’t specific.


message 16: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Jannene wrote: "Oh, I like how you listed the genres! I didn’t do that. I may have to go back and copy it! I did list it on Dom’s and my joint page as “out of this world” for fantasies and such but I wasn’t specific."

I figured I'd never find anything if I didn't break them down into genres. I am still gobsmacked that I own so many!


message 17: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 2344 comments Hey there - I've been checking out your amazing list and was wondering is The Witcher series the same as the one on Netflix?


message 18: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Yes, it is. Pete keeps saying "lets watch it" but I need to read the book first - I just have to fit it in …..somewhere LOL


message 19: by Margo (last edited Jul 18, 2020 11:02AM) (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Haven't been paying much attention to series this year but I've knocked off a few.

Son of the Shadows
A Court of Mist and Fury
Golden Fool
Fool's Fate
The Constant Princess
Limited WishDNF
The Last HoursDNF
Mustard Seed


message 20: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2768 comments Woohoo!! Nice job!!


message 21: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments That's great, Margo. Our buddy reads on the Realms of the Elderlings helps. I've been able to cross off a couple of the sub-series as a result.


message 22: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Yes, the buddy read is great for focusing the mind - and making sure I don't have time to forget the previous book!


message 23: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19791 comments Awesome, Margo!


message 24: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments Margo wrote: "Yes, the buddy read is great for focusing the mind - and making sure I don't have time to forget the previous book!"

That reminds me! I read 2 chapters yesterday and I don't think I commented on the buddy read thread. :)


message 25: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments The Relm of tge Elderlings buddy read is a great way of through the series Janice. It would take me a decade to get there without the extra push.

I finished my reread of The Dragon Keeper yesterday. Next month I hope to read Children of Blood and Bone and maybe start a new series The Eye of the World.

I might close this month out with The Passage.


message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments Margo wrote: "The Relm of tge Elderlings buddy read is a great way of through the series Janice. It would take me a decade to get there without the extra push.

I finished my reread of [book:The Dragon Keeper|47..."


I loved the Passage. Someday, I'll reread the trilogy.


message 27: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments I was full sure I owned the audio of that one then I tried to download it this morning. It wasn't there!!! I checked my records and I'd bought the kindle book in 2017 but no audio. Worse still, I can't get it anymore. The second and third books I can buy but not the first 😫


message 28: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments Ah, that's too bad! I read the trilogy on Kindle because the audio was narrated by Scott Brick.


message 29: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments I'm not mad about Scotts read8ngs but they're better than that mechanical voice 😰


message 30: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments He's a hit or miss for me. He gets a preachy tone in his voice that irritates me.


message 31: by Margo (last edited Nov 25, 2021 05:27AM) (new)

Margo | 9593 comments 2021 Update: Dropped Series

I've knocked The Last Wish the Witcher series off my list. That's what happens when you buy three books from an untried series in sale then hate the writing!

The Passage series is also dropped. I bought the second book in a sale, thinking I owned the first but I didn't. Now audible won't sell it to me due to "regional restrictions" :-O

A Court of Thorns and Roses i've read what I own and am not interested enough to buy any more - YA sex and faeries!


message 32: by Margo (last edited Nov 25, 2021 05:29AM) (new)

Margo | 9593 comments 2021 PROUDEST ACHIEVEMENT!!!

I finished the entire 16 books of THE REALM OF THE ELDERLINGS series. It is without doubt the best fantasy series I've ever read. Our buddy reads were the best ever :-D

Second place goes to PLANTAGONETS AND TUDUR series by Phillipa Gregory. I have completed all the books she's written to date.


message 33: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments Margo wrote: "2021 Update: Dropped Series

I've knocked The Last Wish the Witcher series off my list. That's what happens when you buy three books from an untried series in sale then hate the wri..."


Oh-oh! I have some of the Witcher series and I'm hoping I don't hate them too.


message 34: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47949 comments Margo wrote: "2021 PROUDEST ACHIEVEMENT!!!

I finished the entire 16 books of THE REALM OF THE ELDERLINGS series. It is without doubt the best fantasy series I've ever read. Our buddy reads were the best ever :-..."


It really is an amazing fantasy series. Everything seems to pale by comparison.


message 35: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments Janice wrote: "Margo wrote: "2021 Update: Dropped Series

I've knocked The Last Wish the Witcher series off my list. That's what happens when you buy three books from an untried series in sale the..."


Hopefully you'll enjoy it Janice. I often don't get on with translated stories.


message 36: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19791 comments Congratulations, Margo!
That was quite the commitment to finish those 16 books.

I want to read them but keep putting them off.


message 37: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9593 comments It's an amazing series Cherie. It's not like a huge commitment because it's all broken up into trilogies - not that you won't want to keep going but it gives the illusion of choice LOL


back to top