The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

ARCHIVE > Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katlyn (new)

Katlyn (katlynbolingbroke) | 10 comments I'm looking for either a new author or a new genre to read. If anyone has recommendations that would be lovely.

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1161 comments My favorite book was called Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott

message 3: by Higgs (last edited Feb 25, 2020 02:31PM) (new)

Higgs Not too sure if it would be your kind of thing, but I found both Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World
Why Things Are Better Than You Think

and

Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams very informative and intriguing books. I recommend these two any chance I get.

message 4: by Zara (new)

Zara   | 53 comments I am a big fan of sci fi and fantasy so i would recommend The Last Year aeries by Trisha Leigh.

message 5: by rose - 忻怡 - (last edited Sep 18, 2020 05:26PM) (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection)
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden The Secret Speech by Tom Rob Smith

I don't know if you've read all these before but they are my all-time favorites :) hope you enjoy and happy reading!

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Sep 18, 2020 06:00PM) (new)

Kristie | 5094 comments Hi Katlyn - I did a quick book compare of our shelves and a few of the books you have on your TBR shelf that I enjoyed are:

Moloka'i (Moloka'i, #1) by Alan Brennert Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Also, pretty much anything by Stephen King.

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King was excellent if you've read The Shining
The Outsider by Stephen King The Green Mile by Stephen King The Institute by Stephen King The Stand by Stephen King - all great if you haven't read them.