What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Golden Hour
This topic is about The Golden Hour
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Fiction Romance/ Dual Story- German married woman falls in love with red hair allied soilder/ Second story involves their son who is a secret agent/officer and gets caught by enemy. It follow how his pregnant love finds him. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by hope (new)

hope (adorkable-8) | 6 comments Hi - the book I'm looking for is something I read within the last 2-3 years

It is a dual timeline historical fiction romance

First story involves WW I

It starts with the story of a German married woman who has been sent to a hospital because she is suffering from postpartum depression where she meets an allied solider who is bald and has red hair tufts.

The married woman has a son and her husband is from German military family.

At the hospital, the woman and allied solider fall in love and but then they go back to their respective lives.

When the married woman goes back, her husband has been having affair with the nanny. They make a compromise that the husband will continue to have relations with the nanny and the wife will live separately but still hold the title of wife.

The nanny gives birth to two girls.

German husband dies and the wife and nanny live with the children as one family.

Allied solider comes into their lives and wife marries him and keeps her son. But the the wife's ex sister-in-law persuades nanny to leave with the two girls.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

The German woman and allied solider have a family and she suffers from bouts of postpartum depression. Her son from first marriage goes to war on Germany's side. Her other children stay with her - their one son has red hair.

Her allied solider husband is killed in war and the household makes it seems the wife drowned herself when in fact she is alive and well and instead sent to a psych hospital for her postpartum.

Her children are sent away - the red hair son grows up and becomes an secret agent/officer.

SECOND STORY INVOLVES WW II

The other story revolves around the red hair son and a woman he meets on the train. He saves her from a passenger trying to force himself on her. They fall in love....don't remember the story but I remember he gets held captive in a POW camp.

His love finds a way to release him while finding his real mother and two sisters (the characters from the first story)

I really really hope you can help me find this book - I've been searching non stop.

Thanks for any help!
Happy Reading!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Bookmeister, please add some of those plot details to your header/title - this will make the thread easier to solve.

message 3: by hope (new)

hope (adorkable-8) | 6 comments Thank you - edited it hopefully more clearer

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Looks great.

message 5: by hope (new)

hope (adorkable-8) | 6 comments Hey...I also remember that the second story main character who is trying to find her secret agent lover....she gets pregnant and has a red hair child and that's how his mother (the german wife from the first part) recognizes them

thanks again

message 6: by hope (new)

hope (adorkable-8) | 6 comments FOUND IT! - The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams....did a lot of searching lol!

Just thought to share it with everyone - really fantastic book!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35141 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, bookmeister. Here's the link - The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Golden Hour (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Beatriz Williams (other topics)