Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Novella 45K Polyamory FFF can I get a lesbian Beta?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 7 comments Hi Betas. I'm looking for a Lesbian Erotica Beta preferably someone in the know *g* I have a 45K Novella I'd like to have someone read to provide me some feedback on where to expand it. It is Polyamory with three females and there is sex taking place in it between women. I am still working on cleaning up the rough draft but I believe its readable for entertainment.

I'm looking for readability and pacing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does any part of the story drag?
Did you understand every phrase/term I used?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STEAMY BITS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do any of the love scenes seem overly cliché?
Were the love scenes too fast, too slow, or too frequent?
Did you have to reread any part of the love scenes to understand who was doing what?
Did it make you hot?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FLOW:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is there enough downtime between intense scenes to allow it to build to the next?
Where in the flow can I add to the story to expand it for you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE WORLD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you have to reread any part of the action sequences to understand who was doing what? With multiple lovers in one bed, I want to make sure you are clearly seeing the action.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIALOGUE:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Am I being too detailed when I write my dialogue? I have a bad habit of adding extra dialogue like "She stood up." Up is not necessary. Since we see her standing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHARACTERS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Could you see what each character looked like clearly?
Are there three different voices established?
Could you feel the emotions between the characters?
Are any of my characters too stereotypical?

I'd appreciate it if there was a quick turn around. I want to post it out on my website when I launch. The goal was to finish the website by end of January.
Thanks for your time,
JLNicky

message 2: by Solace (new)

Solace Nightshade (solcacenightshade) | 16 comments hello, I'd be interested in giving it a read

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 7 comments Hi Solace,
Can you send me more about yourself to jlnickyauthor@gmail.com
It's not an interview but I like to know who I send my stuff too.
Thanks

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye Kilaen (skyekilaen) | 25 comments Hi Jeanne, there is also a beta group specifically for LGBTQIA+ stories, please feel welcome to come post there as well:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...