Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Cendovian (The Cendovian Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Cendovian
Book Issues > Cover image missing for The Cendovian

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mark Hennessy (cendovia) | 6 comments Hi,

Please add the cover image for this book from the one on its Amazon page. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082FR9ZT1

Thanks,
Mark

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23230 comments Mark, are you publishing an ebook with the isbn available at sellers other than amazon, or just the kindle edition?

If you're publishing an ebook, we can't use the cover from amazon.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23230 comments I don't want to add the kindle edition until I know whether you're going to have an ebook as well, or not.

It will mean either adding a new edition, no problem, or merging the existing ebook.

Mark Hennessy (cendovia) | 6 comments Hi Sandra, my plan is to publish it as an ebook via Kindle Direct Publishing. I'm a bit confused by your question as I thought when I publish through KDP it is an ebook.

I also plan to publish as a paperback, hardcover, and audiobook. But the cover art is finalized and will be essentially the same for all versions, just slight differences due to sizing.

I would like to start promoting the book on GoodReads in advance of publication, but I'm not sure this will go well if the GoodReads book page doesn't have the cover image.

My plan is to have different ISBNs for each version but merging them into a single Amazon page. Similarly I'd like to have this as only one page for all versions on GoodReads.

If you cannot use the cover art from Amazon, I can supply the cover image if their is a means for me to provide it. I own the cover art.

I have also purchased a set of ISBNs for each version. Let me know if I gave you the info you needed.

Thanks,
Mark

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23230 comments GR considers ebook & kindle as separate editions. Kindles use asin numbers rather than isbns.

As you will be publishing a kindle edition, its easy to add the cover & the correct identifer ie the asin.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23230 comments Cover added & details updated.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Mark Hennessy (cendovia) | 6 comments Thank you!

Mark Hennessy (cendovia) | 6 comments Hi Sandra,

I just added the paperback edition to the book here on Goodreads so I can submit it for a Giveaway. Unfortunately, the new edition didn't automatically copy the cover image from the ebook version. Can you do that for me please?

Thanks,
Mark

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13184 comments #8 I replied to your other post https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 10: by Mark (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mark Hennessy (cendovia) | 6 comments Thanks for the explanation. I guess I never noticed the cover photo upload option was on the right. I was only looking for fields directly in the form section. Thanks!