MCAS Virtual Book Club discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Jan 19, 2020 03:15PM) (new)

Amber Walker | 5 comments Mod
Hi there!

I am so excited to read "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessel Van Der Kolk. It's been on my list for a long time now, and so many people have recommended it to me.

I'm curious about a few things, specifically
1) Why did you want to read this book?
2) Where are you at in your patient journey? (no pressure or need to share this type of info, totally optional)
3) Do you have any ideas for how we can make a virtual book club fun? :)

Please don't be shy... this page is all about discussion!

Cheers!

-Amber

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina  | 4 comments I had not heard of this book before this club. I’m on chapter 7. It’s pretty heavy.
I was diagnosed with MCAS, POTS, mold toxicity, and multiple GI issues about 2 months ago. It took 5 years and too many doctors telling me my labs were normal to get here. Currently trying to work my way through a low histamine diet as well as about 10 different meds. It’s all very overwhelming. I am in constant research-mode so I’m hoping to get some direction through the books we read.
I would like to read Don’t Let Anything Dull Your Sparkle in this group.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Walker | 5 comments Mod
C wrote: "I had not heard of this book before this club. I’m on chapter 7. It’s pretty heavy.
I was diagnosed with MCAS, POTS, mold toxicity, and multiple GI issues about 2 months ago. It took 5 years and t..."

Hey C, welcome! I'm so glad you are finally getting answers. "Overwhelming" is the perfect way to describe the first months after diagnosis, but I am glad you are here and I hope we find some great pearls from this book. Let us know as you near the end of it... I'm not quite to chapter 7 yet :) Thanks for the book tip, I will look that one up!

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim | 1 comments Hi there! I am starting the book tomorrow. I can’t wait to read it.