Play Book Tag discussion

Farm Anatomy: Curious Parts and Pieces of Country Life
This topic is about Farm Anatomy
Archive: Other Books > [Poll Tally] Farm Anatomy: The Curious Parts & Pieces of Country Life by Julia Rothman - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Theresa | 6671 comments Whether you are a City Mouse or a Country Mouse, this delightful guide to life on a small farm will charm. And you learn a few things along the way, such as 'kindle' = is when a rabbit gives birth to a litter. Don't know about you, but my kindle app breeds books like rabbits🤣🤣.

This reader, a farmer's daughter, found much that was familiar but even more that was new. The artwork in this graphic novel is gorgeous. And I am totally trying that Maple Syrup Fudge recipe, using some Canadian maple syrup gifted to me recently.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2323 comments If there’s a recipe for anything with honey, let me know. My bees have been crazily industrious and I have about 18 litres of the stuff sitting in my pantry (and it’s only January)...

Theresa | 6671 comments KateNZ wrote: "If there’s a recipe for anything with honey, let me know. My bees have been crazily industrious and I have about 18 litres of the stuff sitting in my pantry (and it’s only January)..."

There was one that used honey I think...Let me check.

Time to market it at local farmers markets?

message 4: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5767 comments Theresa wrote: " Don't know about you, but my kindle app breeds books like rabbits🤣🤣."

Yep!

Theresa | 6671 comments KateNZ wrote: "If there’s a recipe for anything with honey, let me know. My bees have been crazily industrious and I have about 18 litres of the stuff sitting in my pantry (and it’s only January)..."

OK there aren't a lot of recipes in the book, but she has honey in her basic white bread recipe 2 TBSP and half cup in the glaze for the pineapple glazed ham recipe.

And thank you for having me look as I found a second recipe that uses maple syrup...a coffee cake! I have a lot of bottles of maple syrup...especially for a single person who eats most of her breakfasts from a deli while at her desk.

But check out Barbara Kingsolver's book website http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/. As the famiky is committed to locavore and self-produced food, I am sure they used honey in their recipes as much as possible. And if you have not read her book of the same title, do. It is terrific and there is an expanded 10th Anniversary edition. It is also shelved FARMING among other things ...NATURE too.