Indie Book Finds discussion

Members > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) | 36 comments Mod
New to the group? Introduce yourself here! Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself—what you like to read, favorite authors, things you do in your spare time, etc.

message 2: by Kylee (new)

Hello everyone! I’m Kylee, a book blogger, indie writer, and lover of all things to do with reading. I love to read fantasy, sci, fi, YA, and adore a good romance and complex characters. In my spare time, I can be found with a cup of tea, my cats, and one of my favorite shows.

message 3: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Bertram (bernard_bertram) | 1 comments Hello, good to meet you. I'm Bernard!

I write Adult Dark/Epic Fantasy. Most days I'm trying to keep up with my toddler while she interrupts my writing or stop her from beating up our cats.

message 4: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Holden | 2 comments Hello, I'm Julie. I'm a writer, and reader of many genres. I too love complex characters and compelling stories. I work part-time in mental health and have found some inspiration (mainly of the grim type, but sometimes quite heartening) from my experiences. I love my cups of tea, and walking.

message 5: by Kylee (new)

Welcome in, Bernard and Julie! Nice to meet you both and more fellow writers!

message 6: by Layna (new)

Layna Snow | 1 comments Hey! I'm Layna. I'm a writer of erotic romance (currently... fantasy romance is my next series focus) and I love reading! I usually read different kinds of romance, as I love love! In my spare time I'm playing board games with my partner, cuddling my kitties, and baking cakes/cupcakes!
I like complex, fun characters, and stories that make me feel all the things!

message 7: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan Hi all, I was invited in by Angel (thanks).

I'm Graeme, I'm into action/thrillers with lots of fantasy, science-fiction and sometimes horror.

I wish I had more time to read than I do. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the threads here.

message 8: by Kylee (new)

Welcome to everyone new!

message 9: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha Shipley (tabathashipley) | 6 comments Hi friends!
I'm Tabatha-an indie author and an avid indie reader/reviewer. I review indie books on my YouTube channel. I literally read everything. Looking forward to dropping lots of links for recommended books!

Crazytourists_books Hi everyone! I am Antonia, I love to read (and knit) and I am always open to book suggestions! I hope I'll find a few interesting ones in this group

message 11: by Kylee (new)

Welcome Tabatha and Antonia! I’m hoping to find some interesting books too, a few hidden gems not on the usual recommended lists!

message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven | 1 comments Hey there, I’m Steven, a high school science teacher writing my first YA SF/F story and doing my best to read more indie work. Looking forward to sharing with you all!

Indie Author Book Reviews | 1 comments Hi. I am Mary. I have a website where I review only indie authors. I will have a BookTube starting in February. I also provide a number of services to authors. Most of all I love a good book .

message 14: by Kylee (new)

Nice to meet you guys, welcome in!

message 15: by Effie (new)

Effie Kammenou (effiekammenou) | 1 comments Hello! Thank you for asking me to join the group. I'm a writer. My first trilogy is a women's fiction / contemporary romance. I'm close to releasing the first book in a new series. I'm just waiting for the word from my publicist. She's handling the cover reveal and ARCs before releasing it. This is all new to me. With the first series, I did everything myself.

My reading selections are eclectic. I like classics, romance, erotic, paranormal and historical fiction. Authors I enjoy - Austen, Steinbeck, Shakespeare, Sylvain Reynard, K. Bromberg, Jude Devereaux, Lauren Blakely, Louise Bay, S.J. West, Elin Hildebrand, Adriana Trigiani, and Fiona Davis - just to name a few!

I'm a busy person so to keep up with my reading list, I listen to audioboooks as well. It keeps me occupied while I drive or do tedious chores.

If anyone is looking for a new author to try, message me and I'd be happy to offer the first in the series to you.

I'm looking forward to chatting!

message 16: by S.V. (new)

S.V. Filice | 4 comments Hi all! I’m Sam, but you can call me Samantha if I’m in trouble.

My author name is SV Filice - again because Samantha is long. fun fact: I’ve only managed to find men with 8 letter last names to date (there aren’t very many though so it’s not that impressive).

I mostly ready adult/YA fantasy fiction. I write in the same genre. I do want to expand and read other genre types, but first I need to work on finding new reading material. I also hope to support and network within the writing community. I’m truly excited to read indie novels!

Happy to meet fellow book lovers!

message 17: by Court (new)

Court (cbabyxo) | 2 comments Hi everyone! My name is Courtney. I'm a bookworm, and am always reading. I like to read different genres - contemporary, fantasy, historical fiction, YA. I started a book blog a few months ago :) Considering starting a youtube channel, but we'll see.

In my spare time, I love to cuddle my dog and watch tv and movies.

message 18: by Kylee (new)

Welcome in, Sam, Effie, and Courtney! Nice to meet all of you :)

message 19: by Grace (new)

Grace Herbst Hi, I'm Grace. I am a newly published author who is working on my first YA series dealing with social issues. I'm hoping to expand my genres to fantasy and mystery in the future.

I love reading suspense and thriller novels. But I also enjoy reading fantasy as well.

Besides my love for reading and writing, I also enjoy attending theater performances, watching television and playing with my beloved dog, who is my writing companion.

message 20: by Kylee (new)

Hi, Grace! Nice to meet you, I think I recognize you from Twitter 😊

message 21: by Grace (new)

Grace Herbst Kylee wrote: "Hi, Grace! Nice to meet you, I think I recognize you from Twitter 😊"

Yes, that's me.

message 22: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 1 comments Hi All:
My books are a cross of humor and mystery, cloaked in the law.
I have a law practice, take things apart and garden mostly in herbs and candy cane moss roses. I have a following of hummingbirds in season and miss them the rest of the year.
Best,
Una Tiers

message 23: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Fernandez Morales (jsfernandezmorales) | 1 comments Opps! Just realized I never introduced myself. Hi, everyone! I'm a Sci-Fi author. I love complex characters and convoluted storylines. I read everything Sci-Fi, but I also like to read fantasy, horror, and thrillers. Magical realism will always have a special place in my heart. Nice to meet you!

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (katthedirewolf) | 1 comments Hello everyone,

I'm Kate - the devoured of books. I'm a newbie writer and is currently working on something.

message 25: by Jane (new)

Jane Bean | 1 comments Kylee wrote: "New to the group? Introduce yourself here! Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself—what you like to read, favorite authors, things you do in your spare time, etc."

Hello. I'm Jane, an indie author writing contemporary realistic novels aimed at 16+/crossover market. When I'm not writing or playing tennis, I do a lot of reading. I enjoy most genres, including dystopian, historical, scifi, magic realism, time travel and fantasy - but not keen on vampires, erotica, horror or police procedurals.