Series to Finish challenge discussion

Readathons 2020 > February readathon (17th-23rd)

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The readathon is a month away but you can already start prepping for it:

📚 You can read any book that is part of a series
📚The readathon starts at 12 o’clock in whatever timezone you’re in
📚Buddy reads are always welcome
📚Share your progress on social media using #SeriesTF2020

We'll be posting about it on the blog a week before to remind everyone. In there, we'll include your TBRs so we sure to send it to us when it's ready :)

message 2: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments Working on my series tbr for this readathon

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, I finally have my TBR:

Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi - Shatter Me novella, I am hoping this helps me make progress
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - monthly BR with Tiffany
Heartstopper Volume One (Heartstopper, #1) by Alice Oseman - I will be adding one graphic novel/comic/manga in every readathon to boost my reading, but the page count will be separate
Tempted (House of Night, #6) by P.C. Cast - another BR

message 4: by Theresa (last edited Feb 16, 2020 04:14AM) (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments I have a lot of books to choose from as it seems all my library books have come in at the same time, so here are some of my choices, we'll see which ones I get to. =)

audios:
Shadowshaper Legacy (Shadowshaper, #3) by Daniel José Older The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray Uncaged (The Singular Menace, #1) by John Sandford The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad #6) by Tana French The Lake of Learning (Cassiopeia Vitt Adventure, #3) by Steve Berry The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco Honor Bound (The Honors, #2) by Rachel Caine Honor Lost (The Honors, #3) by Rachel Caine

ebooks:
Neverwake (Dreamfall #2) by Amy Plum To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2) by Sheryl Scarborough

message 5: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments I'm planning to read mostly manga, as I have some galleys expiring by the end of the month:
Tokyo Ghoul Re - Tome 15 by Sui Ishida Tokyo Ghoul Re - Tome 16 by Sui Ishida 鬼滅の刃 11 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11 (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #11) by Koyoharu Gotouge Daytime Shooting Star, tome 5 (Daytime Shooting Star, #5) by Mika Yamamori Samurai 8, Vol. 1 The Tale of Hachimaru by Masashi Kishimoto ヴァンパイア騎士 memories 4 (Vampire Knight Memories, #4) by Matsuri Hino
and also
We Unleash the Merciless Storm (We Set the Dark on Fire, #2) by Tehlor Kay Mejia Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1) by Rin Chupeco

message 6: by Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks) (last edited Feb 17, 2020 02:58AM) (new)

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 202 comments My TBR:

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Starsight (Skyward, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

And I also got these from the library so I might read some of them -
One Piece, Volume 16 Carrying On His Will by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 17 Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 18 Ace Arrives by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 19 Rebellion by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 20 Showdown at Alubarna by Eiichiro Oda

EDIT: I started these on the weekend and I'm hoping to finish at least one of them -
The Rage of Dragons (The Burning, #1) by Evan Winter The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1) by Nora Sakavic

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cassidy | 99 comments I, unfortunately, will not be able to participate this month. I am so behind on my school work! Hopefully next month I will be able to!

message 8: by Elyse (last edited Feb 16, 2020 03:27PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 487 comments I'm going to try to read Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare this week. This will be my first time reading!

message 9: by Alli (last edited Feb 16, 2020 06:09PM) (new)

Alli The Book Giraffe (allithebookgiraffe) | 56 comments I am almost 50% through Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3) by Sophie Kinsella . I will be finishing that first!
Then, The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3) by Dan Brown and Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown and Origin (Robert Langdon, #5) by Dan Brown . I probably wont have enough time to read all of these but I'll still try!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

It's officially started! I wish you all good luck :)
Hope you can catch up on your school work, Stephanie!

What are your plans for today?
I'm hoping to read at least 100 pages a day this time around.

message 11: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 180 comments Mod
My main tbr is
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2) by Rachel Hawkins

Other books I would like to get too:
Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead (reread) Headliners (London Celebrities, #5) by Lucy Parker City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare (reread)

message 12: by Ally (new)

Ally | 2 comments I am going to try to get through just one book this week - The Ask and The Answer (Book 2 of Chaos Walking trilogy). I have two beta reads and an ARC to review as well, so I don't want to go overboard lol

message 13: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 209 comments TBR for this week:

Finish The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden The Winter of the Witch

and hopefully start Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7) by Eoin Colfer Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cassidy | 99 comments Anna wrote: "It's officially started! I wish you all good luck :)
Hope you can catch up on your school work, Stephanie!

What are your plans for today?
I'm hoping to read at least 100 pages a day this time aro..."

I'm trying to. I've been able to catch up on a lot, so far. I managed to order a book that I needed for one of my History classes and I can go pick it up from the bookstore later today. That's the last thing I need to catch up on.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

@Stephanie Best of luck to you!

How have the first 2 days been?
I've seen a lot of books I've enjoyed or really want to read on your tbrs here. I hope you'be had a great start of the readathon, and if you haven't, there's still plenty of time!

message 16: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 487 comments I did not read any series books this week.

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 202 comments Hey! So since I'm not going to read any more today, here's what I read this week:

- finished The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1) by Nora Sakavic (read about 50%)

- and I started / read 70% of Infinite Dendrogram Volume 1 by Sakon Kaidou and maybe two chapters of Starsight (Skyward, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

Also read completely
One Piece, Volume 16 Carrying On His Will by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 17 Hiriluk's Cherry Blossoms by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 18 Ace Arrives by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 19 Rebellion by Eiichiro Oda One Piece, Volume 20 Showdown at Alubarna by Eiichiro Oda My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected, Vol. 2 (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Light Novels, #2) by Wataru Watari

message 18: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments Wrap-up:

Daytime Shooting Star, Vol. 5 by Mika Yamamori 暁のヨナ 23 Akatsuki no Yona 23 (Yona of the Dawn, #23) by Mizuho Kusanagi 赤髪の白雪姫 6 Akagami no Shirayukihime 6 (Snow White with the Red Hair, #6) by Sorata Akizuki Bloom Into You Regarding Saeki Sayaka Vol. 1 by Hitoma Iruma Love Me, Love Me Not, Vol. 1 by Io Sakisaka An Incurable Case of Love, Vol. 3 by Maki Enjōji We Unleash the Merciless Storm (We Set the Dark on Fire, #2) by Tehlor Kay Mejia Nomen omen, Vol. 1 Total eclipse of the heart by Marco B. Bucci Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1) by Rin Chupeco

I read the following books from my intended TBR before the readathon started (they don't count for the readathon but I still did read them off my TBR!):
Tokyo Ghoul Re - Tome 15 by Sui Ishida Tokyo Ghoul Re - Tome 16 by Sui Ishida 鬼滅の刃 11 Kimetsu no Yaiba 11 (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #11) by Koyoharu Gotouge

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

You both did amazing and yay for those manga!

Here is my wrap up:
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Tempted (House of Night, #6) by P.C. Cast Heartstopper Volume One (Heartstopper, #1) by Alice Oseman Indoor Recess (Lumberjanes, Vol. 13) by Shannon Watters Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi

I also started Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi but I only read 46 pages, plus I continued with Anna K. by Jenny Lee which is not a series but any progress with it needs to be shared.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I also want to let you know that there's already a poll to decide the week for the March readathon. You can vote on the blog or here.
(this time you can vote for two options)

message 21: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments Somehow I managed to get all these books read!!!
Finished up the last ebook last night!

audios:
Shadowshaper Legacy (Shadowshaper, #3) by Daniel José Older The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray Uncaged (The Singular Menace, #1) by John Sandford The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad #6) by Tana French The Lake of Learning (Cassiopeia Vitt Adventure, #3) by Steve Berry The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco Honor Bound (The Honors, #2) by Rachel Caine Honor Lost (The Honors, #3) by Rachel Caine

ebooks:
Neverwake (Dreamfall #2) by Amy Plum To Right the Wrongs (Erin Blake #2) by Sheryl Scarborough

message 22: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments Theresa wrote: "Somehow I managed to get all these books read!!!

audios:
Shadowshaper Legacy (Shadowshaper, #3) by Daniel José OlderThe King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray[bookcover:Uncaged|188..."

Great work on the audiobooks!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow I agree with Ruthsic, Theresa, it was the week for audiobooks

message 24: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 487 comments Theresa wrote: "Somehow I managed to get all these books read!!!

audios:
Shadowshaper Legacy (Shadowshaper, #3) by Daniel José Older..."

I forgot when this book came out and gosh, it's already almost been 2 months! And now I have no Audible credits till the 5th. Boooo!! Was it good?! I really loved the first 2 books!

message 25: by Ally (new)

Ally | 2 comments I only read 351 pages this week, but all of it is due to reading sprints on Twitter <3

message 26: by SUSAN (new)

SUSAN (starrmysteries) | 10 comments To all of you audio book fans:

1. When you run out, Audible should offer you a pack of three credits for something like $34 which is almost cheaper than what I pay monthly per book.

2. I just listened this morning to episode 29 of the podcast "Currently Reading" (might be from BookRiot, I am not sure) and they had their first "Golden Earbuds Awards" for audio books in 10 categories. It was hilarious and informative to listen to and I took tons of notes for my next jaunt to Audible. :o)

message 27: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 487 comments Susan wrote: "To all of you audio book fans:

1. When you run out, Audible should offer you a pack of three credits for something like $34 which is almost cheaper than what I pay monthly per book.

2. I just lis..."

You can also return audiobooks that you didn't like and get your credit (or money) back.

message 28: by SUSAN (new)

SUSAN (starrmysteries) | 10 comments Great point, Elyse! I have used that option several times when I found I had bought a clunker. Also, my regional library system has an increasing number of audio books to borrow (I can attest to how long some of the waiting lists are, LOL)!