Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Buddy Reads 2020 > Horror - February 2020

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5834 comments Mod
The group voted to read the Horror nominee Imaginary Friend in February. The winner for this genre was The Institute. Have you read any of the other nominees for this award? Which have you read and what did you think? Which was your favorite?

Do you plan to read any of them in the future? How about setting up a buddy read of one that you are interested in this month? Use this thread to discuss and find a buddy!

Schedule buddy reads here, then set up a separate thread to discuss.

message 3: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 813 comments I loved The Institute.

I have been looking at Imaginary Friend, but I am not sure yet.

I want to read Violet by Scott Thomas and am thinking about The Invited by Jennifer McMahon .

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

I'm looking forward to The Institute the most. I preordered the book and haven't had a chance to read it yet. My husband read it though and he said it was excellent, so now I want to read it even more.

I was considering Imaginary Friend, but it is really long and the reviews are mixed. Plus, my library doesn't have it so I'd have to buy it. I will probably skip it.

I was also considering The Invited and The Girl in Red, but they're just not grabbing me right now.

I'm interested in The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek. The reviews are promising and my library has a copy so I may read that eventually. Maybe that will be my Halloween read this year?

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Vicki - I just read the blurb for Violet. That looks interesting too.

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 296 comments I am thinking about Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky my library has it I put it on hold so lets see if i get it.
I read The Institute by Stephen King and loved it. I can now admit I am a fan of Stephen King.
I might read others but it depends on access for me.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Howard | 13 comments I want to read Institute but have several ahead of it. None of the rest have claimed my interest. I get BookMarks magazine and it is in it that I usually find books I want to read.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 80 comments Considering reading A Cosmology of Monsters