Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Throne of Glass discussion

Fantasy book recommendation

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krish (new) - added it

Krish Recommend me any fantasy book preferably involving overprotective brothers or a group of guys or people protecting or taking care of someone?

Some paranormal/fantasy/romance books I have enjoyed are
Darker shade of magic trilogy, A court of thorns and rose, Throne of glass series, Mortal instruments

Although I'd appreciate any great fantasy book suggestion, please me know if there are books with specific plot line mentioned in the question. Thanks

message 2: by Krish (last edited Jan 20, 2020 07:33AM) (new) - added it

Krish bumpp

message 3: by Endarkened~Eyes (last edited Feb 05, 2020 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Endarkened~Eyes Have you ever read "Six of Crows"? --> The group of main characters is very protective of one another despite the fact that they will never admit to it.
"Six of Crows" is my favorite fantasy book. It is action-packed and littered with dark humor. The writing is absolutely brilliant.
- If you like books with Fae, "The Cruel Prince"?
- OHH "Children of Blood and Bone" --> based on your preferences, I think you would love this one.

message 4: by Krish (new) - added it

Krish Endarkened~Eyes wrote: "Have you ever read "Six of Crows"? --> The group of main characters is very protective of one another despite the fact that they will never admit to it.
"Six of Crows" is my favorite fantasy book...."

I'm currently reading crooked Kingdoms and absolutely LOVE it so far.I agree, SoC has now become one of my favourite books-honestly I'm obsessed with Kaz Brekker.I can't wait for the show to come out later this year!

As for the cruel Prince, It's actually on my TBR so I'm excited to read it soon!I Children of blood and bone also seems right up my alley so thanks!

message 5: by Megan (last edited Mar 03, 2020 11:43AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megan I don't know if you've already read it, but The Raven Cycle series is super good! I also enjoyed the spinoff, Call Down the Hawk . An Ember in the Ashes and Three Dark Crowns are two other great fantasy series.

message 6: by Krish (new) - added it

Krish Endarkened~Eyes wrote: "Have you ever read "Six of Crows"? --> The group of main characters is very protective of one another despite the fact that they will never admit to it.

AlThree dark crowns/call down the hawk is on high up on my TBR. I ADORED the Raven Cycle and I'll check out Ember in the ashes, thanks!

Anika Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor doesn't have the protective bit, but it does have a really strong romance. Also, I recommend The Infernal Devices to any fan of The Mortal Instruments. Another fantasy (with a romantic element) that you may like is Renegades by Marissa Meyer. Hope this helps!

Macey Camp I recommend Throne of Glass series by Sarah Maas if you enjoy assassin queens
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas if you like mysterious guys
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo if you like a group of people that do risky things
Cruel Prince by Holly Black if you like complicated relationships

Natasha Does the Throne of Glass series get any better after the first book? I found the first book to be enjoyable but it was a bit too much for me (quite unbelievable at times).

Elyse Endarkened~Eyes wrote: "Have you ever read "Six of Crows"? --> The group of main characters is very protective of one another despite the fact that they will never admit to it.

I'm happy! just the things I was going to recommend.

Jennifer The Kiss of Deception
Three Dark Crowns
A Court Of Thorns and Roses
Lunar Chronicles
Crescent City (House of Earth & Blood)
The Cruel Prince

Shard I recommend the kingdom of ruin series, it's a lot like ACOTAR .
And also the seven realms by Cinda William Chima.
I really enjoyed reading them, there's some romance, friendships...

Shard *Kingdom of rune... Sorry

HEyoung Natasha wrote: "Does the Throne of Glass series get any better after the first book? I found the first book to be enjoyable but it was a bit too much for me (quite unbelievable at times)."

I say yes! the third book is my favourite. I think that if you enjoy the first two books, stick with it because more characters are introduced as the series goes on, friendships grow and there are some really cute moments, couples and character developments. (if you like that sort of thing)