21st Century Literature discussion

Question of the Week > Choose One 21st Century Author From Your Country Whose Entire Oeuvre Will Be Put Online Free In Perpetuity. (1/19/20)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marc (new)

Marc (monkeelino) | 2567 comments Mod
One 21st century author from your country will have all of their past and future writings posted online for free forever--whom do you choose?
Stipulations:
- They have to have written at least one title published (or currently slated for publication) in the 21st century
- Your choice will have no negative social or financial ramifications for the writer
- If you choose and share a writer from your country first, you may then also choose writers from other countries but you can only choose one writer per country and you must start with your own country (you can define "your country" as either where you were born, where you live now, or the country you most consider "home")

message 2: by LindaJ^ (new)

LindaJ^ (lindajs) | 2298 comments There are a number of US authors I would like to pick but I think perhaps the most likely of those would be Richard Powers. From the US, where I was born and still live.

From other countries I would choose --
Germany - Jenny Erpenbeck
Poland - Olga Tokarczuk
UK - J.K. Rowling

message 3: by Marc (new)

Marc (monkeelino) | 2567 comments Mod
U.S.: Maggie Nelson

I probably have no business picking writers from many of these countries, but I'm not going to let that stop me...
Spain: Javier Marías
Scotland: Ali Smith
Hungary: László Krasznahorkai
France: Laurent Binet
Italy: Elena Ferrante