Play Book Tag discussion

Trapped (Private Justice, #2)
This topic is about Trapped
January 2020: Thriller > [Poll Tally] Trapped by Irene Hannon - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (last edited Jan 19, 2020 01:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Theresa | 7445 comments As a fierce winter ice storm and blizzard shut down St. Louis, librarian Laura comes home from work to find her recently orphaned 16 y/o half-sister Darcy has run away. Within days, Laura has hired Phoenix Investigations to find her, and Dev, the former ATF partner in the firm, takes point on the case which has few leads. Rapidly determining that the storm has kept Darcy from leaving town, Dev and Laura struggle to track Darcy. At the same time, in parallel storytelling, we follow Darcy, (view spoiler).

Hannon provides a thriller that does not disappoint, plunging you into the story rapidly, and keeping up the pace while building tension to the exciting life & death denouement. Once again Hannon gives us a couple where you are cheering for a happy ever-after. Hannon is a Christian author, so no bedroom scenes or hot kisses, but the chemistry is still there. And the weather is a huge plot point making it perfect for Kansas Poll Ballot Tally!

This is the second in the Private Justice trilogy. I will definitely be reading the 3rd.

message 2: by Joanne (last edited Jan 19, 2020 05:56AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7878 comments You seem to be starting out the year with quite a few "good" reads!

ShazM | 379 comments I don't think I've read an Irene Hannon I didn't like!

Theresa | 7445 comments ShazM wrote: "I don't think I've read an Irene Hannon I didn't like!"

I had not read her in quite a while although this and the first in the series have been languishing on my TBR for quite some time. Glad I did!

Theresa | 7445 comments Joanne wrote: "You seem to be starting out the year with quite a few "good" reads!"

Well my end of of 2019 fluff reading was pretty mediocre except for Lady O, so it was time!