The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
This topic is about The Well of Ascension
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Well of Ascension (January 2020) Buddy Read Discussion - Mina, Selina

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Jan 18, 2020 02:56PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 531 comments Mod
Welcome to The Well of Ascension Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on January 20th and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each week we will be reading by chapters. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 01/20
January 20: Chapters 1 - 4
January 21: Chapters 5 - 8
January 22: Chapters 9 - 12
January 23: Chapters 13 - 16
January 24: Chapters 17 - 20
January 25: Chapters 21 - 24
January 26: Chapters 25 - 28

Week of 01/27
January 27: Chapters 29 - 32
January 28: Chapters 33 - 36
January 29: Chapters 37 - 40
January 30: Chapters 41 - 44
January 31: Chapters 45 - 48
February 01: Chapters 49 - 52
February 02: Chapters 53 - 56

Week of 02/03
February 03: Chapters 57 - 59 + Epilogue

PARTICIPANTS
~ Mina
~ Selina

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments @Mina, I know you're already past where I am so I'm not gonna put this in a spoiler tag lol but I just got to the bit where Vin met up with OreSeur and she's being mean to it, I'm kind of not okay about it. He did nothing wrong :(

message 3: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
Dammit, I didn't put *follow this discussion* and I just saw that you wrote something 😅

Yeah, her attitude towards him is bad. I get that his existence is a bit... and that she doesn't like or approve of him eating corpses BUT come on. Kelsier trusted him and his decisions weren't that bad. I hope her attitude towards him'll change.

Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

I read 9 chpaters. I really want to know who the watcher is, like really know, and I hope there's more to him than just some random appearance.

message 4: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
Ch11 (view spoiler)

Ch12 (view spoiler)

message 5: by selina ☾ (last edited Jan 24, 2020 02:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments Okay so I didn't pay attention to chapter numbers bc audiobook lol but this is up to halfway through Chapter 18 :D

(view spoiler)

message 6: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
It was like watching someone from the Style Channel give someone an extreme makeover, royalty edition. xD So true.

Damn me! I read most of the msg and was oh, one more sentence what's the harm... 😐

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments MINA! I SAID CHAPTER 18! 😂😂😂😂😂 I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU

message 8: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
Yes, but most of the things I already read... so.... yeah 😅

message 9: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
ch19 (view spoiler)

end of ch20 and ch21(view spoiler)

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments mina wrote: "ch19 [spoilers removed]

end of ch20 and ch21😂😂😂 a female is after Breeze.. that makes Ham's teasing when he arrived to Lutadel so much better. And then Ham's reaction that he was right 😂
Vin voice..."

Omggg that was such a funny scene 😂 Honestly, anytime the core team are together are my fave scenes cause their dynamics are so great, I love them lmao.

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments This is up to chapter 26 so Mina don't read it okay? 😂😂

(view spoiler)

message 12: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
Okay 😂

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments A slow day today lol but chapter 27: (view spoiler)

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments beginning of chapter 28: (view spoiler)

message 15: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
a slow day for you is a good-day-I'll-maybe-catch-up day for me 😁

message 16: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
chapter 22 without the spoiler tag because what's the point you've read it. So, I'm glad that Vin and OreSeur are getting along better :) and FINALLY Vin is thinking of him like a person not a thing.

chapter 23Is the king Lekal, Lekal that had secret anti-government meetings with Eland and the others? If it was not mentioned they were frineds.. i would've thought he's a new character. Oh, memory where art thou?

And now that I caught up to you, I can comment on the spoilers :D

- Yes, OreSeur and Vin freaking love it.
- The girl/Lady with the name... yeah she does sound like a suspicious character, but also because she looks like a suspicious character I don't suspect her... ?
- As for who is cleared. Breeze, Ham and Spook. To be honest I was thinking it was Spook. It's so wonderful that I don't remember pretty much a thing from the first time I read it because I get to be surprised with you, but how can I NOT remember things like this???
- Yep, Zane.. but that's only because Vin isn't sure of her place and who she is.. I'm pretty sure that'll fix itself.
- Oh, yes. Tindwyl 😂 and when he practically told her to shut it😂
- The ear scratching 😂 😂 😂 😂 But if you had read on just a little bit more... you woudl've got to (view spoiler)

message 17: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
chapter 29I just wish Vin would tell the crew that she hears that thumping and all her thoughts on the mist. Yes, first Eland thought she was just imagining it or whatever, but now Sazed came with information that makes her experience not an imagination.

chapter 30 Jeez, Tindwyl.

chapter 31 Philen -.-

message 18: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (last edited Jan 28, 2020 02:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
chapter 33 Vin being shocked that she sounds like Sazed or Eland when she spoke of kandra religion 😂

chapter 35 Oh, Breeze 😂 you sneaky bastard, soothing Sazed and Tindwyn

chapter 38 Oh-oh, I really hope the attack wasn't somehow Eland's plan, because if yes, I'm disappointed.
Also, I hope the Assembly members die a slow painful death 🙃

chapter 43 By this point I kinda register that a looooooot of people are dying.. it's just that I haven't been aware of it? like, how?

chapter 45(view spoiler)

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments - Ughhh I'm not a fan of when characters keep secrets so I definitely agree with you. Like in general, Vin just needs to learn how to communicate with others. I think she's better now than in book 1 but she's still got a long way to go. Like her and Elend have a shitton to talk about and nothing's happening. Lol she's just internalising everything and it's sad :/

- What happened to Tindwyl was... so fucking horrifying, I honestly felt like throwing up listening to Sazed tell the story.

- Ugh the whole assembly can just fuck off honestly. Especially now that it's been revealed what Penrod means to do with the crown UGHHHHHH they're bad news.

- Vin being so shocked was so funny 😂😂 That's me when I manage to say something intellectual without stumbling over my words 😂

- And oof, that attack tho. BUT. Omg. OreSeur protected Vin and THEN SHE WAS SO WORRIED AND then he put himself back into another dog form and I think their bromance is my 2nd favourite thing in this series, second to the whole squad being together and bickering and planning <3

ps. Straff needs to die. Also I think you mentioned Lord Lekal? I think you're right and it's one of Elend's "friends" from book one but I also can't remember omfg hahaha

message 20: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod
Yeah, the not talking and thinking one thing annoys me to. It's still a pretty good book for me, but that made me resent it a tiny bit.

chapter 46(view spoiler)

chapter 47(view spoiler)

chapter 47(view spoiler)

selina ☾ (acourtoftruelove) | 414 comments Mina, I'm sad and I need a hug

message 22: by mina, Group/Buddy Reads Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

mina | 2302 comments Mod

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.