Around the World in 80 Books discussion

ATW in 80 Books World Challenge > Cassidy's Tourist 2020 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cassidy (last edited Jan 19, 2020 07:06AM) (new)

Cassidy | 18 comments 1. Home country: United States, North America

Finished Refuge: An Unnatural History of Family and Place by Terry Tempest Williams on January 6th and will be counting it as my book from the U.S. An amazingly touching book that weaves family trauma and ecological devastation together flawlessly.

message 3: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12949 comments Welcome to the challenge, Cassidy!

message 4: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 18 comments 2. Solomon Islands, Oceania

Finished Civilized Girl by Jully Makini, a poetry collection that is one of the firsts to be written by a woman from the Solomon Islands and was published as part of a program to facilitate the publication of works by Pacific women writers.

message 5: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 18 comments 3. Canada, North America

Listened to Highway of Tears: A True Story of Racism, Indifference and the Pursuit of Justice for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls by Jessica McDiarmid on Audible. The book was very informative but also brought a not-often-seen humanizing aspect to the issue of missing and murdered Indigenous women in Canada.

message 6: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 18 comments 4. Japan, Asia

Read Masks by Fumiko Enchi

message 7: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 18 comments 5. Israel and Palestine, Middle East

Read A Curious Land: Stories from Home by Susan Muaddi Darraj

message 8: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 18 comments Many of the books that I planned on reading for this challenge were from my library, which is now closed due to the coronavirus. I'll try to continue on as much as I can with e-books and audiobooks for now.