What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 1980s short story about a boy in a classroom mysteriously approaching his teacher

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve | 2 comments in the 1980s i read a short story by a well known author but now I can remember neither the title nor the author - It was about a young boy in a classroom who would get up and approach the teacher in the front of the class until he was noticed, then he would go sit back down. Each time, he penetrated a little further. I think it might have been called something like "Penetrations" but I cannot find that title or use any other description on the web to find the story. Does anybody remember reading something like this? Thanks, STEVE

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
What age reader is it for?
What's the tone - suspenseful, dramatic, cheery, etc.?
Genre - horror, drama, suspense, etc.?
Author's gender?

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 302 comments Steve wrote: "in the 1980s i read a short story by a well known author but now I can remember neither the title nor the author - It was about a young boy in a classroom who would get up and approach the teacher ..."

Could it have been from the Wayside School book series?

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve | 2 comments Hi, it's a short story like the type you'd find in a high school or college anthology, not in any particular genre except for "literary" like perhaps you'd think of O'henry short stories, except it was written by a more contemporary American author active in the 80s, not in the Wayside series. I believe the author was/is male.