Book of the Month > February: A Gentleman in Moscow

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brad (new) - added it

Brad Cundiff | 18 comments Mod
What do you guys think?

message 2: by Bonnie (new) - added it

Bonnie (bcschaos) | 18 comments Mod
Okay here are a few that I have seen that my look interesting on top lists. I will keep looking but do any of these sound interesting to you all? It’s a combo, some are fiction some are non-fiction.

• Nickel Boys - Folsom Whitehead

• Wanderers - chuck wendi

• The five - the untold loves of the women killed by Jack the Ripper- by hallie rubbenhold

• Howard stern comes again

• A gentlemen in Moscow - Amor Towles

message 3: by Brad (new) - added it

A Gentleman in Moscow. My vote.

message 4: by Bonnie (new) - added it

I’m good with that! Rob you good? And are you reading with us? We can just set it for like the book of the month. We can do it for February book to give us time?

message 5: by Brad (new) - added it

Works for me.

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim Kowalski | 8 comments Thanks for the invite :)

message 7: by Brad (new) - added it

Welcome Kim! We have no idea what we’re doing, but you’re in on the ground floor. Consider yourself a founding member!

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert (rcarpen585) | 4 comments So did we decide on a book for Feb?

message 9: by Bonnie (new) - added it

Yup! Then Gentlemen in Moscow. It’s added to our bookshelves as well. We have 2 bookshelves. One for the book of the month and one for recommendations. The app displays things a big differently then when in the computer so If you can’t see things on the app check it out in the computer version!!!! Don’t hesitate to recommend any books. We have two recommendations for March already! If we get a few more I will do a poll for the March book!

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert (rcarpen585) | 4 comments Ok ordered the Gentleman in Moscow from the library

message 11: by Brad (new) - added it

Sweet. It’s on my kindle app ready to go. Finishing this horror novel first. I’ll probably start on the gentleman on Monday or Tuesday.

message 12: by Bonnie (new) - added it

Craig is almost finished, so I will start when he’s done! Not his type of book but he’s been liking it so far!

message 13: by Brad (new) - added it

Ok. Y’all know I’m a horror buff. Started gentleman tonight. No one was brutally killed so far. Does it pick up at some point? Monsters? Aliens? Secret government plots?

message 14: by Bonnie (new) - added it

Craig said the latter.

message 15: by Brad (new) - added it

Ah. Secret government plot. Sweet!

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim Kowalski | 8 comments Finally realized to turn on my notifications 😂thank you, brad! Sorry I’m two weeks late on the response lol

message 17: by Bonnie (new) - added it

Brad, if you want scary, horror books you need to send out some recommendations so we can pick one lol! So far most suggestions are non-fiction, except this one which was historical fiction.

message 18: by Kim (new)

Kim Kowalski | 8 comments Is there a deadline for reading the book/a target date for discussion? Just picked it up from the library today and I want to start it tomorrow

message 19: by Brad (new) - added it

End of the month deadline, Kim. Can talk about it throughout. I’m 50% through and loving it. Best book I’ve read since The Book Thief years ago.

message 20: by Craig (new)

Craig | 5 comments Agree, Brad - I enjoyed the characters and the historical setting. Probably in my top 20... definitely looked forward to getting home to read a few chapters each evening. And I internalized a new quote... but will wait until everyone’s read it before I share.

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim Kowalski | 8 comments Just finished this.... liked it a lot more than I thought I would!

message 22: by Bonnie (new) - added it

I’m struggling getting started. But after reading everything you all have said I’m going to power through to get into it!

message 23: by Kim (new)

Kim Kowalski | 8 comments It definitely feels slow as it starts, but then I was surprised by how much I read at a time because the characters are so engaging

message 24: by Brad (new) - added it

Hey Kim. Agreed. I fell in love with the kids. Having daughters of my own, I completely related. Such a good book.