Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Accidental Roommate
This topic is about Accidental Roommate
Book Cover Help > Please update Cover

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jolie (last edited Jan 18, 2020 01:22AM) (new)

Jolie Day (jolieday) | 2 comments Can you please update the cover for Accidental Roommate? The current on Goodreads was an ARC placeholder uploaded by a reader. Book has not been released yet.

Link to author site with book cover image: http://jolieday.allromancepublishing....

Thank you!

message 2: by sophie (new)

sophie (judesdagger) Since you can't change the book cover even if it is an ARC because it's a violation of Goodreads policy I tried to add aan alternate cover edition, but this book doesn't have an ISBN or ASIN so I couldn't do that either. Do you have either the ISBN or ASIN?

message 3: by Jolie (last edited Jan 18, 2020 06:50AM) (new)

Jolie Day (jolieday) | 2 comments sophie wrote: "Since you can't change the book cover even if it is an ARC because it's a violation of Goodreads policy I tried to add aan alternate cover edition, but this book doesn't have an ISBN or ASIN so I c..."

I don't have ISBN or ASIN. The book hasn't been released yet. I wonder why it would violate a policy if the book and cover have not been officially released yet? The ARC version is just a placeholder.
Also, why can a reader upload a cover of a not yet released book without having ISBN or ASIN?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23733 comments The ARC version was given to beta readers to read, so it becomes a valid edition.

The new cover just becomes a new edition as no asin/isbn is involved. Once the isbn/asin is issued, it will go to the new cover edition.