Adventure in writing discussion

SHARE!! > Lessons;]

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Are there any lessons y'all would like to share that you've learned, or just something important to remind people to lift up their chin on a bad day?

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Hmm... Let's see... Don't try to do a Naruto-Moonshadow-jump-flip-thingy off of a curb whilst in flip-flops. Take it from me, it's not advisable.

message 3: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Potatos Unite wrote: "Hmm... Let's see... Don't try to do a Naruto-Moonshadow-jump-flip-thingy off of a curb whilst in flip-flops. Take it from me, it's not advisable."

HAHA!! I grinned when I first read this with no context, but now I know the full story😂

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Humor is my best weapon. Along with my devilish good looks.

message 5: by Laura-Lee (new)

Laura-Lee Rahn (lauraleewashere) | 31 comments Potatos Unite wrote: "Humor is my best weapon. Along with my devilish good looks."

No, no, no! Those are MY best weapons! I called 'dibs' on them!
LL
However, Potatoes are the BEST vegetable ever invented ... so I might cut you some slack.
LL

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura-Lee wrote: "Potatos Unite wrote: "Humor is my best weapon. Along with my devilish good looks."

No, no, no! Those are MY best weapons! I called 'dibs' on them!
LL
However, Potatoes are the BEST vegetable ever ..."

I look forward to Potato's response to that;]

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Since when can you call "dibs" on that? I called dibs on them when I was born.

Also, yes, Potatos are the best.

message 8: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Ahhh you guys are hilarious🤣

Unfortunately, I hate to break it to you two, but I never even needed to call dibs on humor and devilish good looks......I created them.

(Although I cannot take credit for potatoes. Those are probably the third best thing ever, aside from the humor + good looks😉)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Or we could just split the humor and devilish good looks. You know, I get 70% and you two get 15% each? Sound fair?

message 10: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
"How about this: 50% for me, 50% for LL, and 25% for you?"

(this is a movie quote hahahha)

message 11: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) What, you think I'm just gonna listen because you're older than me?

message 12: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Life advice: listen to your elders, kids. In reality, while I have a very old soul, some of my common sense isn't always there so I can be pretty stupid at times. Plus I'm probably about the same age as you😂 But hey, I got humor to make up for that;) Good looks, not so much, you can have that Potato, but what I lack in looks I make up for in cleverness, and sometimes snark;)

message 13: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Oh, trust me, good looks have avoided me my whole life. But nobody in my class can tell, they're too busy noticing that I'm at least a foot taller than every single one of them.

message 14: by Lana (new)

Lana (ohmylily) I tried to convince myself I was good looking one time, but the person in the mirror made a face at me when I said it outloud. Although I heard statistically, everything thinks you are 20% better looking than what you think you are.

message 15: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) So does that mean that I look like an ageless immortal angel to most people?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading you guys fight over humor and "devilish" good looks made me laugh hysterically and ease my worry for the day.

I'm pretty sure that potatos called dibs FIRST tho because they are ADORABLY plump so you CANT fight that;]

I'm pretty sure Potato's unite would agree with me but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure u guys are drop dead gorgeous tho haha

message 17: by Penny, co-moderator;) (last edited Jan 23, 2020 05:11PM) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Potato, you crack me up😂 All right, I YIELD, you win for good looks AND humor!!😂😂

And Lana, I can definitely relate to trying to convince your reflection she looks better than she thinks. But praise the Lord that regardless what we think of ourselves AND regardless of what others think, HE don't judge on our looks or our deeds, but He loves us just because He IS love!

Also Shayna, you are so sweet😘 Don't worry, definitely not drop-dead gorgeous😂

message 18: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
HAHAHAHHA I THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN I POSTED THAT SHINE!!!!

message 19: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) HAHAHAHAAAA I'M SO FREAKING CONFUSED!!!!!!

message 20: by zaide [...moss] (last edited Feb 23, 2020 06:34AM) (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Life Lesson

Just because a hot glue gun says "Low-temp", does not mean it won't hurt if you squirt it directly onto your finger. Trust me, I know from personal experience that I got roughly fifteen minutes ago.

It hurts.

Mushka (Master of the Hewo) | 3 comments i learned that when a teacher looks like they've cried it's best to ignore them