Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

VII. Support GR Authors > Free multi-author sampler

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 31 comments My friends and I are starting a newsletter soon. Between us, we write clean fantasy, sci-fi, YA, and Christian romance.
Sign up here for our newsletter and a free sample of a first chapter from each of us:
https://storyoriginapp.com/giveaways/...

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Drakulich | 39 comments Why does Christian Romance always have to be `CLEAN'?

Seriously. We ALL came here through the sex act. So what's `dirty' about it???

Human Sex was devised as an act of love, worship and connection with the Divine Creator.

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 31 comments Diana wrote: "Why does Christian Romance always have to be `CLEAN'?

Seriously. We ALL came here through the sex act. So what's `dirty' about it???

Human Sex was devised as an act of love, worship and connecti..."

Procreation is private, between husband and wife. I don't belong in anybody else's bedroom. :)

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana Drakulich | 39 comments Sure. But then why call Romance without sexuality `Clean'?

Is Steamy Romance `Dirty'?

As a Christian writer, I am so tired of these WALLS betw genres.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Drakulich | 39 comments Diana wrote: "Sure. But then why call Romance without sexuality `Clean'?

Is Steamy Romance `Dirty'? Is sex dirty?

As a Christian writer, I am so tired of these WALLS betw genres."

message 6: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 31 comments Diana wrote: "Diana wrote: "Sure. But then why call Romance ""

In the first place, I said "clean fantasy."
In the second place, yes, putting someone else's mind where it shouldn't be is not clean.
I'll be held accountable for my own thoughts, but surely also for those I contribute to in others' minds.

message 7: by J. (new)

J. A. | 7 comments Why don't we just label it YM or adult? That's the way we table romance books in the library. Then we put the books in either the teen section, or the adult area.

message 8: by J. (new)

J. A. | 7 comments The word should be label books not table books. Some times, this auto fill &/or spell check makes things worse. That is not what I said. I am always having to do my own proof reading. It is know wonder readers complain about no proof reading.

message 9: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 31 comments J. wrote: "Why don't we just label it YM or adult? That's the way we table romance books in the library. Then we put the books in either the teen section, or the adult area."

I personally label mine clean so that people know they don't have to worry about what's inside. :)

"Chastity is sexual purity. Those who are chaste are morally clean in their thoughts, words, and actions. Chastity means not having any sexual relations before marriage. It also means complete fidelity to husband or wife during marriage."
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/s...