12 books in 12 months challenge 2020 discussion

Book Talk: General > Recommendations, anyone?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 46 comments Looking for a recommendation? Have one for others? Let's share!

message 2: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 46 comments I have a rec for anyone looking for a "book about books" -
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - Delightful, magical (without any actual magic!), and unique. This is the first book that popped to mind for this prompt, but since I've reread it fairly recently, I'm going to be looking for another title.

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (wordcauldron) | 90 comments Mod
ladymurmur wrote: "I have a rec for anyone looking for a "book about books" -
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - Delightful, magical (without any actual magic!), and unique. This is the first book th..."

Agree!!

Also, I have a bunch marked with that tag for a bookshelf, if anyone wants to explore: books-about-books.

message 4: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 46 comments Thanks for that link, Jillian! Definitely some possibilities there. This is one prompt that, for me, will likely surprise me in the middle of a book I'm reading for a completely different purpose.

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (wordcauldron) | 90 comments Mod
ladymurmur wrote: "Thanks for that link, Jillian! Definitely some possibilities there. This is one prompt that, for me, will likely surprise me in the middle of a book I'm reading for a completely different purpose."

Yes, that is basically how that tag started for me! XD I found accidentally that a lot of the books I was reading were about books in some way and decided to starting tagging them so I could remember what they were.

Deidra (ShadeTreeReads) (shadetreereads) I'd like to suggest The Radium Girls by Kate Moore https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... - for the STEM challenge. It's one of the easier to read nonfiction books I've picked up. The story takes place during WWI and it's really fascinating/effed up. Capitalism is a helluva drug.

message 7: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 46 comments Deidra (ShadeTreeReads) wrote: "I'd like to suggest The Radium Girls by Kate Moore https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... - for the STEM challenge. It's one of the easier to read nonfiction books I've picke..."

Ooh-I already have my STEM prompt pick, but this is definitely going onto my TBR!