Play Book Tag discussion

Jade Dragon Mountain (Li Du, #1)
This topic is about Jade Dragon Mountain
January 2020: Thriller > [Poll Ballot] Jade Dragon Mountain by Elsa Hart 3+ stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 6920 comments (This has been shelved thriller)

3+ stars

Set on the border of China and Tibet in the 18th century in view of Jade Dragon Mountain, banished librarian Li Du takes it on himself to find out who murdered a Jesuit priest by poison even though his cousin, a combination between a sycophant and a jobsworth, is more concerned with keeping up appearances with the imminent arrival of the emperor for a full eclipse of the sun.

Hart has written a promising debut novel, and I plan to read the second book in this series. What's more, she was actually living in the setting when she wrote it and spent some of her formative years in China, so actually has a real familiarity with the setting and the contemporary culture there.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4910 comments Sounds interesting and I like the historical setting, I've not read much set in the 1700s, so I think I will try this series!

Karin | 6920 comments annapi wrote: "Sounds interesting and I like the historical setting, I've not read much set in the 1700s, so I think I will try this series!"

I hope you like it!

Theresa | 6316 comments annapi wrote: "Sounds interesting and I like the historical setting, I've not read much set in the 1700s, so I think I will try this series!"

Do! I really lijed it and intend to read the next in series at some point.