What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Death Of The Author

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
What's the connection to death of the author?

Cara's Craftsations | 1630 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What's the connection to death of the author?"

Just people sharing their opinions about stories. Unless their thoughts are what the author intended then it's “death of the author”

Cara's Craftsations | 1630 comments Gillian wrote: "Maybe Playing Harry Potter: Essays and Interviews on Fandom and Performance?"

Yes! I'm looking for books like that.

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice | 7 comments On the Hunt are essays about Supernatural (season 1-3)!

message 7: by Gillian (last edited Jan 30, 2020 10:16AM) (new)

Gillian | 241 comments Cara's Craftsations wrote: "Gillian wrote: "Maybe Playing Harry Potter: Essays and Interviews on Fandom and Performance?"

Yes! I'm looking for books like that."

Okay! I found the book at a convention, but it was published by McFarland if you want to get it.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4989 comments The Deep Focus series has famous authors looking in-depth at cult movies. I've read the one about Heathers and I'm really looking forward to the one about They Live.
Do you only want books that are about one film, novel, or whatever, or would a book about more than one be acceptable? Like A Hitchcock Reader?

Cara's Craftsations | 1630 comments Rosa wrote: "The Deep Focus series has famous authors looking in-depth at cult movies. I've read the one about Heathers and I'm really looking forward to the one about They Live.
..."

It's acceptable. Thx

Cara's Craftsations | 1630 comments Rosa wrote: "Mind-Rain: Your Favorite Authors on Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Series"

Aspiring wrote: "Try Mapping the World of Harry Potter"

Thanks guys.

message 16: by ...cats? (new)

...cats? | 364 comments Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
The Year of Reading Dangerously by Andy Miller
Rereadings: Seventeen Writers Revisit Books They Love edited by Anne Fadiman
Chainmail Bikini (comics essay about video games)

message 17: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1670 comments A funny one (parody of the genre) is The Pooh Perplex.

message 18: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4989 comments Gillian wrote: "Cara's Craftsations wrote: "Gillian wrote: "Maybe Playing Harry Potter: Essays and Interviews on Fandom and Performance?"

Yes! I'm looking for books like that."

Okay! I found the book at a convention, but it was published by McFarland if you want to get it."

The Harry Potter fandom is overwritten about. And why would CC need to know the publisher to find the book?