Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
This topic is about A Storm of Swords
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > A Storm of Swords [February 18, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
Β« previous 1 3

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments In!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Aakash wrote: "In!"

Oh, welcome Akash! ^_^ hope you enjoy it

Ahhh so excited! 😊

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Hopefully I will.πŸ˜„

Peggy | 274 comments I'm in too

Peggy | 274 comments kinda thinking about binge reading it but it's a terrifying book for a binge read, not just long but eventful and mind blowing...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments I'd join after finishing my current read

Peggy | 274 comments how is everyone doin so far?!

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments I have read first 4 chapters and enjoying so far.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Great! I'll start tomorrow, probably

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Hope you guys are still here. I just completed the other book I was reading and now I can concentrate on this.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Yay! I finished the prologue and I'm on the first chapter. Will share my thoughts when i finish it

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Through chapter 2. (view spoiler)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Maria wrote: "Through chapter 2. Jaime's perspective. He's always stricken me as really interesting and clever. Would be cool following his perspective (also, is anyone surprised that Cersei was mentioned in th..."

(view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Aakash wrote: "Maria wrote: ""

Ikr! She's way smarter than Sansa

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Forgot to update! I'm 6 chapters through (just finished Sansa's perspective). (view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "Forgot to update! I'm 6 chapters through (just finished Sansa's perspective). poor Margaery can't do anything but marry Joffery, despite knowing the truth. The greedy Tyrells may get kicked in the..."

even though I don't like sansa that much her chapters are becoming very interesting, and she is changing...
I mean everyone are having the character development so perfectly that feels just right...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Yeah! I enjoyed her chapter too

message 19: by Maria (last edited Mar 04, 2020 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments 12% through (finished ch. 10)

(view spoiler)

Also, what do you guys think of (view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)

Davos's second chapter. Well, that was in vain. He came to kill her (and SHOULDN'T have told all the world) but got arrested instead. I wonder if he'd be able to esc..."

(view spoiler)
I cant believe this book is taking me this long to read i'm going too slow compared to the previous volumes...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Haha, really? I liked Clash of Kings less than GoT, and found it slow, but I'm quite enjoying this one, so far.
Although I am slow in reading it, as ever πŸ˜… I'm a slow reader in general

Hope it picks up for you!

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Chapter 10.

(view spoiler)

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)

Davos's second chapter. Well, that was in vain. He came to kill her (and SHOULDN'T have told all the world) but got arrested instead. I wonder if he'd ..."

(view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments Aakash wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)

Davos's second chapter. Well, that was in vain. He came to kill her (and SHOULDN'T have told all the world) but got arrested instead. I w..."

pedophilic might be the best word, I actually never thought of dany as a child but now that u said it...
I'm not sure about the part of best intentions that's what he says and she believes, doesn't mean we have to believe it too...

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Peggy wrote: "Aakash wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)

Davos's second chapter. Well, that was in vain. He came to kill her (and SHOULDN'T have told all the world) but got arrest..."

Only time will tell whether Jorah wants to help Dany or manipulate her. I just hope it is the former.

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Aakash wrote: "Chapter 10.."

Ikr? Mace Rayder seems so kind and humble

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Aakash wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)"

I agree. He's a paedo, but still probably wants to help her

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Peggy wrote: "Aakash wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)."

I understand your apprehension, but he's been very loyal so far, and trying to protect her that long just so he could take her seems too much of a trouble to me. I think he does still want to help her

But then. Wasn't he also a spy for King's Landing? Remember how Robert got his news of her and her brother?

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Aakash wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "12% through (finished ch. 10)."

I understand your apprehension, but he's been very loyal so far, and trying to protect her that long just s..."

that's exactly what is bothering me, the fact that he was selling slaves and that seemed like a fine thing back then to him, and he spied on them and that seemed fine to him, he does stupid things in the name of love and other reasons, and doesn't accept other peoples ideas, he might not want to exactly hurt her but do it and say I know what is good to u...
u know how that works...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Yeah he seems to have weird standards for what's "righteous"

message 31: by Maria (last edited Mar 07, 2020 05:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments 21% or so through (I have no idea what chapter I'm on. They're not numbered, ugh. So annoying

(view spoiler)

Do you guys remember the rule of (view spoiler)

I really enjoyed Jon's chapter (view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "21% or so through (I have no idea what chapter I'm on. They're not numbered, ugh. So annoying

[spoilers removed]

Do you guys remember the rule of knights of the Kingsguard never getting married,..."

Tormund's stories feel far- fetched because he is just that kind of a man, u remember his other name the tall talker :)))

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments πŸ˜‚ yep

Did you guys see Sam?! His own POV! (view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments I really wish I could read it faster I kinda feel sad for myself!!! just finished arya's chapter right before samwell's and I feel left behind...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Peggy wrote: "I really wish I could read it faster I kinda feel sad for myself!!! just finished arya's chapter right before samwell's and I feel left behind..."

It's alright! Don't pressure yourself. I'm gonna slow down anyways, don't worry πŸ˜… it's just that I have some days off, but now I have to make a presentation too so

message 36: by Aakash (last edited Mar 08, 2020 05:31AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Chapter 15(20%)

(view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments am I the only one who loves wildlings and brotherhood without banners?!...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Peggy wrote: "am I the only one who loves wildlings and brotherhood without banners?!..."

I'm getting fond of them, I won't lie. Mance seems so nice and kind too :p

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Aakash wrote: "Chapter 15(20%)"

All the characters are so scattered that at this point most of them have no idea of what's happening in the kingdom.

Yeah, he's gonna have consequences for sure. But I have a bad feeling about the Westerlings.

I agree about Tyrion. He's always unloved, even by people he loves :(

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments I'm almost at 300 pages (I guess you guys have the same edition, so we can talk in page count terms?) And you guys.

These last 3 chapters were INTENSE. I'm gonna do an update later. But whoa. I am so stressed for these characters

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "I'm almost at 300 pages (I guess you guys have the same edition, so we can talk in page count terms?) And you guys.

These last 3 chapters were INTENSE. I'm gonna do an update later. But whoa. I am..."

which characters chapters do u mean, I just finished bran's chapter at page 330 and I have to say I don't like bran's POVs at all...
every time I finish one of his chapters I have to put the book aside and give a rest to my bored nerves...

Peggy | 274 comments I hated Catelyn once but in this volume I love her parts her sorrows are too vivid and I really wanted to cry for her...

message 43: by Maria (last edited Mar 10, 2020 02:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "I'm almost at 300 pages (I guess you guys have the same edition, so we can talk in page count terms?) And you guys.

These last 3 chapters were INTENSE. I'm gonna do an update later. ..."

I meant the 3 chapters before Bran's and Daenery's

(view spoiler)

I understand what you said about Catelyn. I'm glad that she realizes her mistakes. Her chapters have bored me in the past, but she's wise- if only she'd stop with the sons nonsense. (She treated Jon badly too, when he was around).

This chapter of hers was so emotional to me. (view spoiler)

Bran's chapters have nothing happening since the last book, but I enjoyed the story about the knight of the laughing tree. I think it's supposed to be an allegory of some sort? It sounds familiar, like it happened and we know it...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments If we're talking about boring, that's Daenery's chapters for me. I felt guilty for not liking those, but now I don't even get how she's some people's favourite. Nothing happens. They talked about the Unsullied in the last chapter? In this chapter they didn't even end up DECIDING if they'll go with them.

Her story is going so slow it's killing me

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "I'm almost at 300 pages (I guess you guys have the same edition, so we can talk in page count terms?) And you guys.

These last 3 chapters were INTENSE. I'm gonna do an ..."

I so much understand u when u say u like starks, they are all changing so fast, even sansa and I love the uniqueness of their troubles and stories, they got so far from each other that it hurts me to think about it...
daenerys and bran are the ones I can't handle at all, I never liked daenerys and bran as u said has nothing to give, he doesn't do anything he just is as annoying as any other child who thinks he or she knows too much...
I have marked arya's chapters whit looooots of bookmarks and I can't wait to read more about her!!!!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Nice haha

I used to look whose perspectives the next chapters were gonna be but I realized I was being spoiled that way :p So I don't do that anymore, however tempting

Peggy | 274 comments it is the biggest offence, to read more than 500 pages and its not even half of the book...
but omg!!! it is getting more exciting than I can handle...

Maria (mariasaleem) | 632 comments Now you've got me intrigued

Aakash (aakashthedreamer) | 417 comments Wow, you guys have read that much. I don't know on which page I am as I am reading an ebook. I have read 23% of it so I guess I am around 250 pages. I will try to catch up with you.

Peggy | 274 comments Aakash wrote: "Wow, you guys have read that much. I don't know on which page I am as I am reading an ebook. I have read 23% of it so I guess I am around 250 pages. I will try to catch up with you."

I just had a boost out of no where :))) I am a fast reader, I don't know why I'm stuck in this book, I really enjoy it but I can't binge read it like book 1 and 2!!!!

Β« previous 1 3