Dog Lovers Book Club discussion

FUN CHATTY TOPICS > WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING (any topic) - JAN - MARCH 2020

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Emsen-Hough | 78 comments Mod
Let us know what you are currently reading (doesn't have to be dog related), particularly if it's a good book!

message 2: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Just finished "Following Atticus," a very good dog book, and now reading Anna Ellory's "The Rabbit Girls".

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Seddon (andrewmseddon) | 2 comments I just finished "Dog is Love" by Clive Wynne, which was very interesting. It investigates how dogs love us, and their similarities and differences from wolves. Dr. Wynne is a dog behaviorist and was recently in a Nova (or was it Nature?) episode.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Andrew wrote: "I just finished "Dog is Love" by Clive Wynne, which was very interesting. It investigates how dogs love us, and their similarities and differences from wolves. Dr. Wynne is a dog behaviorist and wa..."

That sounds really interesting Andrew and not dissimilar to a book I read a few years ago by neuroscientist Gregory Berms called "How Dogs love us". I'll look your book up.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Bob wrote: "Just finished "Following Atticus," a very good dog book, and now reading Anna Ellory's "The Rabbit Girls"."

You'll like the Rabbit Girls Bob, a little haunting, WWII, terrible experiments but so important to keep this information alive.

message 6: by Vikk (new)

Vikk Simmons (downthewriterspath) | 2 comments Just found your group and thought I'd join. I'm an avid dog lover and enjoy reading dog-related books.

I read Ray Bradbury's Dogs Think That Every Day Is Christmas last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is in the style of a picture book with the text from the poem on every page. The treat is the additional story within a story in the foreward where Bradbury details his life with dogs and the genesis for this poem.

message 7: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Has anyone else read Dean Koontz's "Watchers?" I finished it a couple weeks ago and highly recommend it to all of you. Easily a Five Star read and well deserving of a top place on my "All Time Favorites" list.

If you have read it, would love to hear your thoughts.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Maybe we should add that to our recommended reading list?