I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for February's Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KaitLphere (new)

KaitLphere | 181 comments Mod
What trade should we read together for our February Comic Book of the Month? Nominate your pick here!

This month's theme is “romance plot or sub-plot.”

Titles nominated this month must contain a romantic plot or sub-plot. If you have any questions or concerns, please send a message to mod Kait, who is happy to help. You can find the complete 2020 theme calendar here.

Remember:
- Manga nominations are welcome.
- Nominated titles must be TPB comics or original graphic novels, but not omnibuses.
- Only the first volume of a series may be nominated, unless the group has already read the previous volume(s) as a book of the month. To see what we've read, check out our group's bookshelf.
- Nominated titles cannot have the same writer as the previous month's BotM winner.
- Nominated titles must fit the month's theme. To see past and upcoming themes, check out the 2018 theme calendar, 2019 theme calendar, and 2020 theme calendar.
- Only one nomination per person.
- You can "second" a nomination in place of nominating a different book, but this will count as your nomination for the month. Seconded books will receive an additional chance of being selected in the randomization process.
- If a title you nominate wins BotM, please refrain from nominating another title for one month to give others a chance.

Nomination & Voting Schedule:
To better accommodate our increasing number of members, the nomination and voting schedule is as follows every month:

16th: Nomination forum opens
23rd: Nomination forum closes; 5 nominations are selected at random; Voting opens
30th: Voting closes

More details on our updated nomination and voting procedures can be found here.

message 5: by Lenny (new)

Lenny (lennylenlen) | 137 comments Aah I was thinking about Alex + Ada and Sleepless! Thank you Jakub and Nancy!

Still happy to nominate my other top choice, The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang

message 7: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

message 8: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 601 comments Mod
Kyle wrote: "Moonstruck, Vol. 1: Magic to Brew"

Oh man! I've really been meaning to read this :D

message 9: by Ed (new)

Ed Erwin | 169 comments Bingo Love. (This other edition also counts: Bingo Love Volume 1: Jackpot Edition.)

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 570 comments Mod
Nancy wrote: "Sleepless by Sarah Vaughn and Leila del Duca 
"

Oh man, I really liked issue 1, then totally forgot about this. Good pick!

message 11: by Phil (new)

Phil | 169 comments Second for Alex + Ada.

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed Erwin | 169 comments I don't think of myself as a fan of "romance stories". But all of these nominations are good.

message 13: by KaitLphere (new)

KaitLphere | 181 comments Mod
Sleepless was exceptional. I'm going to second that one.

These are all awesome picks!

message 14: by Francis (new)

Francis | 124 comments I'd also support Alex + Ada for nomination.

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 200 comments I fourth Alex + Ada. It’s one of my favs and I wouldn’t mind rereading it.

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew WK Second for Sex Criminals

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 41 comments Mooncakes is also really charming and lovely! my nomination :)

message 18: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 601 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Mooncakes is also really charming and lovely! my nomination :)"

AGH! This is on my shelf right now begging me to read it!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.