SSJCPL (Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library) discussion

Reading Discussions > February Read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Anderson | 127 comments Mod
Hi All,

Thank you for bearing with us as we took a hiatus after the holidays. The next read will begin February 1st and we're going back to a voting method. I thought it would be fun to read some anti-Valentine books for February. Vote on your favorite before February 1st and then get ready to discuss. Happy reading!

Link to the poll below!
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 2: by Brianna (new)

Hi All,

It looks like our February Anti-Valentine's Day read will be This Love Story Will Self-Destruct. This title is available at the library as a physical book and as an audiobook on Hoopla. Happy reading!

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Crawford | 18 comments This was a nice break from my usual Thriller genre. It was not what I was expecting either so that was a cool surprise. I enjoyed that it was not a typical HEA and that it was more of a relationship and self -journey. The notion of coming to grips with being an adult, change, your foundations, such as your city, neighborhood, cafe, etc change as well as the world keeps on turning, really resonated. Great February pick!

message 4: by Brianna (new)

I agree that this book was a nice break from my usual reading and not one I think I would have picked up. It was not at all what I expected either. When I read the title and the description I figured it would be the opposite of a romance or a romance gone wrong. But you are exactly right in the fact that this is more a novel or self-growth and expanding what your relationships mean to you and how they can both grow with you and how you can grow apart from people who you once were close to.
I enjoyed the more realistic look at a relationship and the changes a person encounters and how they handle them. Change is the only constant in life and it was nice to see a character be a bit more trepidatious than your usual gungho heroine.