Play Book Tag discussion

The Raven Tower
This topic is about The Raven Tower
Archive: Other Books > (Poll Ballot Tally) The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5069 comments I love creative new fantasy. Ann Leckie is a wonderful writer, and she leads you through twists and turns that eventually sort themselves out in the end. This is an interesting world of gods, humans, and politics, and though it's confusing at first, and throughout most of the book's beginning, it is intriguing enough to keep the reader reading until the threads start to untangle. Then the last third picks up in pace until the resolution at the end.

The heroes may not be the most charismatic, but they are interesting. The narrator's identity is hidden at first, and the timeline confusing, then the revelations start dropping here and there until its final resolution, which was not what I expected! A very enjoyable read.

message 2: by Joanne (new) - added it

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7872 comments I really like Leckie too-this on my shelf and your comments make me think it is time to move it up in the line.

message 3: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2504 comments I’ve only read Ancillary Justice, but really enjoyed it. This one sounds great. She writes so well

annapi | 5069 comments The beginning of Ancillary Justice was a bit of a slog for me, it was so confusing to try to figure out what was going on. There is a little bit of that here, but nowhere near as muddled as AJ was. Both were definitely worth the read by the end.