Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2020 Plans > Cheryl's Bold 2020 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) I am on 4 Reading Challenges this year not including my personal GR goal of 250 books read. I plan on using the ATY list, not necessarily going in order but am going to attempt BIO as this works well for all of my challenges. I probably will place same titles on each challenge but pretty sure I will not have to use more than one prompt per title on the ATY list.

Y'all please wish me luck as I have never actually been on a reading challenge except for my own! Y'all have a magical new year - I will!

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) Slow start but I have the alphabet started with the following:

1. Finding Our Forever (Silver Springs, #1) by Brenda Novak

2. The Sunday Potluck Club (The Sunday Potluck Club, #1) by Melissa Storm

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, you have a fantastic goal, good luck with your reading this year!

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) ZeeJane wrote: "Wow, you have a fantastic goal, good luck with your reading this year!"

Thanks, I am pretty excited to get into my usual routine of a minimum of 5 books a week!

message 5: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy | 730 comments Best of luck Cheryl!

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) Well, this year is really starting off slow for me. I have only completed 4 books and had to return a book to library before I was less than 1/3 completed! At least I have the audiobook which I will try to use solely by itself (this has not been successful in the past but I will try harder this time!) Some of the books I want to read, I have to wait for delivery to our library. So I will just carry on with what books I have on my bookshelves (about 60.) I am sure most of them will work for various prompts. If not, they will work for my personal goal of 250 books read in 2020!

message 7: by Cheryl (last edited Apr 15, 2020 08:30AM) (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) I seem to be getting back to reading somewhat normally. At least better than the last couple of months. This pandemic has me so stressed - my Cajun hubby is 65 and I am 58 with weakened immune system so we are both in the high risk for contacting COVID 19. I do all the shopping and, fortunately, the essential grocery stores here have opening hours on Thursday only for seniors and person with disabilities and/or weakened immune systems!

So far this month I have three books read and have plans for at least 3 more. We shall see.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 136 comments The quarantine does make things more difficult, not to mention stressful. I've had to change some of my choices from paper books from the library to whatever eBooks I can find that fit my category. Good luck with the reading, and stay safe!

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) Donna wrote: "The quarantine does make things more difficult, not to mention stressful. I've had to change some of my choices from paper books from the library to whatever eBooks I can find that fit my category...."

Thank you, Donna, and you do the same! 💖

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) I changed my Goodreads goal from 250 all the way down to 100. Still may be tough to get if I don't get my mojo back. It is not that I don't have plenty to choose from: my Kindle Tablet has over 7,000 eBooks listed, I have about 60 books on bookshelves, and 4 sitting on a table to read!

So in the first 4 months of this year, I managed to read 8/100. I will readdress this June 1st.

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) Well, May came and went with 4 books read and two of the 4 were at the end of the month. Then June started and I had gotten a better rhythm until this last week. Our city's virus level started spiking (idiots going too close with no mask - they think the whole pandemic is a hoax!) For me the spike cause my stress level to go up and my focus level to disappear for quite a few days.

I have managed so far this month to complete Murder Most Maine (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #3) by Karen MacInerney , Blueberry Blues A Gray Whale Inn Short Story (Gray Whale Inn Mysteries) by Karen MacInerney , and Berried to the Hilt (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #4) by Karen MacInerney all by Karen MacInerney

I am reading Brush with Death again by Karen MacInerney which has taken me a full week just to get to halfway!

I am just reading when I feel like it and only for pleasure. Later, I will look to see if any of these books fit into prompts but if not at least I enjoyed them. I review each book, usually, as soon as I complete them.

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (teddi1961) I have completed Brush with Death (Gray Whale Inn Mystery, #5) by Karen MacInerney Death Runs Adrift (Gray Whale Inn Mystery #6) by Karen MacInerney Pumpkin Pied (Gray Whale Inn Short Story) by Karen MacInerney Iced Inn (Gray Whale Inn Mysteries, #8.5) by Karen MacInerney and Lupine Lies (Gray Whale Inn, #9.5) by Karen MacInerney all by Karen MacInerney to date.I am not even trying to fit into prompts; just reading for escape from this pandemic.

I am no longer going to try this reading challenge this year. Thanks for all help. Pray all stay healthy and safe.

message 13: by Linda (last edited Jul 10, 2020 05:24AM) (new)

Linda (linnola) | 360 comments Hi Cheryl,
I get all of my books from the library. Our Parish library only opened about two weeks ago for pickups.
I made a lot of reading choices by what was available from the e-books and audio books from the library website. And just fit them into prompts as best as I could.
I can understand not doing the challenge this year. There is no point in doing something that would add more stress to an already stressful situation. Please join us for next year's challenge.
My wishes to you and Cajun hubby to stay safe.

Happy Reading!
Linda in NOLA