The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > BBC's Terry Pratchett Back in Black

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Ashley Roberts  | 65 comments Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone here has watched the new documentary/ dramatisation of Terry Pratchetts life. I found it both heartwarming and heartbreaking. Pratchett is portrayed by Paul Kaye, who does a stunning job of playing Pratchett.
I will warn you now, if like me you loved Sir Terry you will find this very emotional, the interview with Neil Gaiman being a particular gut punch moment.
Not sure how anyone outside of the UK can watch this, but I imagine those that want to watch this stunning programme will find perfectly Legitimate way of doing so.

message 2: by Colin (new)

Colin Forbes (colinforbes) | 494 comments Had no idea this had even been broadcast. Thanks for the tip! Downloading in my iPlayer app now ...

message 3: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Morrese (dl_morrese) | 101 comments Here in the US, I found someone had posted it on Vimeo. It brought a tear to my eye. It's amazing how much you can miss someone you've never actually met except through their books.

message 4: by Alan (new)

Alan Denham (alandenham) | 138 comments I almost didn't watch it - I didn't think it could be anything but mawkish and superficial, and I certainly didn't think any production team that I had previously seen work from could handle it as it needed to be done.
I was wrong. I watched it, and I am gad I did. It wasn't handled perfectly, but it was enormously better than what I had expected. Well done.

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary Denton | 7 comments Actually from 2017.

message 6: by Colin (new)

Colin Forbes (colinforbes) | 494 comments Gary wrote: "Actually from 2017."

That would explain why I hadn't seen it trailed or promoted in the TV guide. Oh well, I obviously missed it first time around ...