Writing Buddies discussion

I am looking for a buddy writer

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana (thoughtsonpapyrus) | 1 comments Hi!

I am looking for someone to share the experience of writings books. I am now writing a historical fiction with a murder mystery in it. I search for someone who likes historical fiction, literary fiction or murder mysteries maybe. In turn, I am interested in all genres apart from YA and children books.

I will be happy to share the experience of being a writer and provide feedback to each other. I guarantee consistency and honesty, but will probably be only available to share the experience through texting, tweeter, blogs, goodreads and emails.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Potter (queencatifah) | 7 comments Hi Diana

I too am looking for a critique partner. I have a 90,000 word manuscript which is on its nth rewrite and I can't take it any further without some third party critique. I've already sent different versions of the first 50,000 words / 3 chapters to a few literary agents and they've said that it has some good ideas but isn't sufficiently gripping.

As for my genre, it’s a little difficult to pigeonhole, but then isn’t everything? You could say that it is women’s fiction, in that my main protagonist is a young woman. I think of it as international political fiction ... it sets out a vision of solution to the current day problem of the refugee crisis. It is realistic, optimistic and perhaps a little utopian. And it has a bit of a crime story embedded within it! The book is called ‘Hope!’

I am British - but I don't think location matters.

I enjoy many different types of fiction - yes historical (George Elliot, Sarah Waters, Victoria Hislop), murder mysteries (I had a period of devouring Val McDermid's novels) and definitely literary fiction. I am not interested in science fiction or YA / children's books.

I would like to find a critique partner, not to go through every sentence and paragraph with a fine toothcomb, but instead to read a few pages or a whole chapter and critique at the end as to whether it was interesting, whether certain things needed more or less description, whether they found a section tedious, whether or not they were looking forward to seeing what happens next … and anything else worth commenting on. A constructive critique from the perspective of a reader.

Have you found a partner yet, Diana? If not, could it be me?

Catherine

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Potter (queencatifah) | 7 comments Diana wrote: "Hi!

I am looking for someone to share the experience of writings books. I am now writing a historical fiction with a murder mystery in it. I search for someone who likes historical fiction, liter..."

Hi Diana. Did you receive my message offering to be your critique partner? Catherine