Shaped by a book discussion

Adding People

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lily (new)

lily | 37 comments Hey everyone! I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the new member (Zoe Nightshade) is my friend from school. She might not get through All-American Boys in time, but she'll definitely read the next book we pick. Also, should this be the forum/thread that we put a new post on whenever we add a person?

message 2: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Sounds good!

message 3: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Welcome Zoe! I also just added my friend Vivian. She won't get to do All American Boys with us, but thats totally fine. Don't forget you guys can continue to add people even if we are in the middle of a book or discussion :)

message 4: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Welcome, peeps! We are a little insane in the membrane but we do like to read :)

message 5: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments I just added my friend Amanda! Y'all will like her!

message 6: by Noa (last edited Jan 24, 2020 06:35PM) (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments I added my friend Lilah! Now we have 10 whole people!!! yay!

message 7: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments I just added my freind lillian, she is really cool!

message 8: by lily (new)

lily | 37 comments Hi! I just added GhostChildRen which is two of my friends under the same account. They've both read Perks already, so they might join this discussion, and might wait for the next one.

message 9: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Great! The more the merrier :)

message 10: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Awesome! Welcome GoastChildRen (by the way, super cool username)

message 11: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Hi! I’m new to this club. I love to read and just recently got this app. I don’t know anyone and was hoping to meet a few new people who love to read just as much as me. :)

message 12: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Wow! Thank you so much for joining shaped by a book! If you have any questions or concerns you can totally reach out! We are finishing up reading Alice in wonderland and we would love it’s if you could join with the next book we read!

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Thanks! I have started to read Alice in Wonderland. (I’m at chapter 6) I am looking forward to being a part of this group.

message 14: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Welcome DaBearclaire!

message 15: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Hey guys, Sasha from Salk just joined! (Hopefully it won't be to hard having two Sashas)

message 16: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments We’ll just say Sasha Awesome and Other Sasha (we fight at dawn to determine who is who).

message 17: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments I know this is pretty out there, but couldn't you just use last names?

message 18: by lily (new)

lily | 37 comments what a novel idea. noa, truly a brilliant person.

message 19: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Hey everyone! Nina from Salk is joining us for round six (which is our next round)

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahofstories) Hello! I'm Sarah. I just joined this group, and I'm looking forward to having discussions about books, especially as I have a ton of extra time on my hands now, thanks to quarantine.

message 21: by lily (new)

lily | 37 comments hey sarah! we’re so glad to have you here. as you may be able to tell, we are wrapping up our talk about our last book, and will, in the next few days, start the process of picking another. if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :)

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahofstories) lily wrote: "hey sarah! we’re so glad to have you here. as you may be able to tell, we are wrapping up our talk about our last book, and will, in the next few days, start the process of picking another. if you ..."
Thanks!

message 23: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments Wow thank you so much for joining!

message 24: by Nina (new)

Nina | 9 comments Hope you like it!

message 25: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Wow, Singapore! This book club is making its way around the world!

message 26: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments I know-that's so awesome!!

message 27: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Hi! Since we have so many new members (yay!), I just thought I'd reiterate some of our rules. Here, we like to respectful of everybody's thoughts, ideas, and opinions. No two people have the same life experiences, and even if they did, they'd still have differing opinions, ideas, etc., so let's be empathetic and understanding of each other, all the while having deep and powerful discussions. This round, especially, we need to uphold these values since we are discussing a very emotional and potentially uncomfortable topic for some people (police racism and brutality). Thank you!

message 28: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Side note: I was full-on freaking out about how AWESOME it is that we have someone from Singapore!! I mean, what?! That's so cool!!!!

message 29: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments I know!!! Sasha and I are like both freaking out on how cool this is ;)

message 30: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments I’m from New York City :)

message 31: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments If you don't mind my asking, where in the UK?

message 32: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Oh, I love London. That’s so cool!

message 33: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments Where in the US did you travel?

message 34: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments I also live in NYC- (and I have for almost my whole life) it’s loud and busy but I love it ;)

message 35: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments NYC is clearly the greatest city in the world and there’s no denying it. Sorry. :)

(PS you should visit one day! It’s great)

message 36: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments (PSS I’m kidding. Sort of. I’m kidding but I’m not)

message 37: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments What’s Singapore like?

message 38: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments NYC is still in Phase 1, I believe, and the Governor of the State of New York (Andrew Cuomo) threatened to basically undo all of the reopening because of people’s refusal to practice proper social distancing!! Crazy, right?! So annoying. But it’s great that Singapore is entering Phase 2!

message 39: by Noa (new)

Noa Bloom (noa_gh) | 72 comments My dad went on a trip to Singapore and he totally fell in love!! He still talks about the botanical gardens ;) Also I am totally jealous that you are going to buy books!!

message 40: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sashahamel) | 64 comments I also just realized that it’s 11:14 PM here and 11:14 AM where you are...I was gonna say goodnight, but I guess good morning!

message 41: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 1 comments Hi everyone!! I'm Jordan and I'm from southern CA. I just joined this group after Noa mentioned it during our discussion for the student mentorship program were in! I am super excited to read and talk about books that are relevant to the world right now! :)

message 42: by GhostChildRen (new)

GhostChildRen | 16 comments Awesome! Nice to meet you!

message 43: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Nice to meet you, Jordan! :)