Series to Finish challenge discussion

Series to Finish 2020 > Writer's Series 2020

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by writer... (last edited Jan 16, 2020 02:53PM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments Writer's 2020 #SeriesTF Reading

How to get points..

+1 for book completed (part of a series, even if not on my TBR)
+0.5 on manga/comics + novellas ( bind-ups get +1) +1 for starting a series
+1 for finishing a series
+1 for buddy reading

I get the points if I have finished the book +
I can get the following points even if I have not completed the book:

+1 point/every 100 pages read (per book, not total)
For graphic novels, comics + manga =
0.5 every 100 pages

Novellas/Short Stories

If an essential/main read there is no point difference between a book and a novella. However, if not  primary works, = 0.5 points for completing.
A bind-up counts as a book, so i get 1

message 2: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments My 2019 series recording was completely lost when the moderator removed the group from goodreads without any notice or warning. I was shocked. All my book listings gone without a chance of copying elsewhere.
So i am very glad to find your group via participating in Elyse's group where she included a link to here!
I look forward to another great year of reading series☺

message 3: by writer... (last edited Jan 29, 2020 11:46AM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments READ:

Agatha Raisin M.C. Beaton
The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton The Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin The Potted Gardener / The Walkers of Dembley by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin #13) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham / Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin The Terrible Tourist and The Fairies of Fryfam by M.C. Beaton
The Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection by NOT A BOOK Agatha Raisin Series Collection 10 Books Set (Quiche of Death, Vicious Vet, Potted Gardner, Walkers of Dembley, Terrible Tourist, Wellspring of Death, Wizard of Evesham, Witch of Wyckhadden, Fairies of Fryfam, Busy Body) by M.C. Beaton //

Book Lovers Victoria Connelly
1 The Book Lovers (The Book Lovers, #1) by Victoria Connelly //

Code Breakers Roseanna M. White
1 The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1) by Roseanna M. White //

County Cork Sheila Connolly
7 Many a Twist (County Cork Mystery, #6) by Sheila Connolly 8 Fatal Roots (County Cork #8) by Sheila Connolly //

Guido Brunetti Donna Leon
7 A Noble Radiance by Donna Leon //

Hamish Macbeth M.C. Beaton
Knock, Knock, You're Dead! A Hamish Macbeth Short Story (Hamish Macbeth, #30.5) by M.C. Beaton //

Hercule Poirot Agatha Christie
17 Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie 20 Hercule Poirot's Christmas A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation by Agatha Christie
Hercules Poirot - The Case of the Careless Victim (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot - Rendezvous With Death (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot - Murder is a Private Affair (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot - The Trail Led to Death (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie //

Miss Marple Agatha Christie Read:
11 At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie 5 The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie 4 The Moving Finger A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation by Agatha Christie //

Monica Noble Faith Martin
3 The Manor House Murder (Monica Noble #3) by Joyce Cato The Manor House Murder//

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no, that sounds awful, I'm sorry you lost it! For a moment I thought you lost your 2019 list in this group and I was so worried.

I'm so happy you're joining us :) I've been meaning to read more of Agatha Christie but I always hesitate because I don't tend to read mysteries but maybe I should read a couple this year at least.

Good luck with all these!

message 5: by writer... (last edited Jan 16, 2020 01:39PM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments Anna wrote: "Oh no, that sounds awful, I'm sorry you lost it! ...I'm so happy you're joining us :) I've been meaning to read more..."

Thanks Anna.. I'm so pleased you've created this group and I look forward to having a record of 2020 progress 📚!

Perhaps an audio or video watch of an Agatha Christie might inspire you to check a novel? I love the audios to get British accents. They make the stories authentic for me...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I was thinking of listening to them on audio, yes, I've heard great things and I have already listened to one in the past and enjoyed it a lot :) Plus there are also some great adaptations.
Speaking of, will you be reading Death on the Nile to prepare for its upcoming adaptation or is it a coincidence?

message 7: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments That sounds a great beginning already Anna !

I did read Death on the Nile in prep for the 2020 release.. I'm doing the #Book2MovieRC so Im reading as many books related to that challenge as I find interesting 😊

Ive just discovered your point system for motivation.. yay! Is it ok to post the points here for a reminder ?
Thanks for the creativity...

message 8: by writer... (last edited Feb 03, 2020 11:35AM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments writer... wrote: "Writer's 2020 #SeriesTF Reading

Points..
+1 for book completed (part of a series, even if not on my TBR)
+0.5 on manga/comics + novellas ( bind-ups get +1) +1 for starting a series
+1..."

January Singles Read from Series
1 Coffee, Fireworks and Murder An Aggie Underhill 4th of July Short Story (A quirky, comical adventure) (An Aggie Underhill Mystery Book 14) by Michelle Ann Hollstein
Coffee, Fireworks and Murder: An Aggie Underhill 4th of July Short Story (A quirky, comical adventure)
Aggie Underhill Mysteries 14

2 The Very First Damned Thing (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #0.5) by Jodi Taylor
The Very First Damned Thing
The Chronicles of St. Mary's 0.5

3 Miss Hewitt Investigates the Return of the Ripper by Linda Stephenson
Miss Hewitt Investigates the Return of the Ripper
Miss Hewitt

4 Deadly Holiday (Georgia Rae Winston #2) by Marissa Shrock
Deadly Holiday
Georgia Rae Winston 2

5 Plein Air Murder by P.L. Gertner
Plein Air Murder
Ellie Nelson 4

6 Rational Creatures Stirrings of Feminism in the Hearts of Jane Austen's Fine Ladies (Quill Collective, #3) by Christina Boyd
Rational Creatures: Stirrings of Feminism in the Hearts of Jane Austen's Fine Ladies
Quill Collective 3

7 Grave Expectations by Heather Redmond
Grave Expectations
Dickens of a Crime 2

8 The Magical Christmas Do Over A Small Town Second Chance Romance Novel That Will Leave You Laughing, Crying and Clapping by Linda West The Magical Christmas Do Over: A Small Town Second Chance Romance Novel That Will Leave You Laughing, Crying and Clapping
Love on Kissing Bridge Mountain

9 Dreams in Deadwood (Seven Brides of South Dakota, #1) by Kari Trumbo Dreams in Deadwood
Seven Brides of South Dakota 1

10 A Bride for Logan (The Proxy Brides #18) by Barbara Goss A Bride for Logan A Bride for Adam (The Proxy Brides Book 33) by Barbara Goss A Bride for Adam
The Proxy Brides 18 + 33

11 A Silver Plume Romance (Mail Order Brides of Colorado #1) by Julie Pollitt A Silver Plume Romance
Mail Order Brides of Colorado 2

12 Drawn From Darkness (Hearts of Hays Book 4) by Barbara Goss Drawn From Darkness
Book 4 Hearts of Hays

13 The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1) by Roseanna M. White The Number of Love
Book 1 The Codebreakers

message 9: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 487 comments writer... wrote: "My 2019 series recording was completely lost when the moderator removed the group from goodreads without any notice or warning. I was shocked. All my book listings gone without a chance of copying ..."

Welcome to the group! :) So sorry about that other group! That's awful! Glad you joined us!

message 10: by writer... (last edited Jan 17, 2020 08:44AM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments Elyse wrote: "Welcome... Glad you joined us! ..."

Thanks Elyse!
So glad you posted your participation and link to this group. I was beginning to think I'd have to create a new series group and I'm relieved that wont be necessary!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

This thread is yours to do whatever you see fit with it, @Writer! I was sleeping so couldn't answer before :(
That challenge sounds great! I was looking for more challenges to join but not sure that one is good for me, we'll see. I was planning on watching more movies this year though, and was looking for movie challenges too😂

message 12: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments Anna wrote: "This thread is yours to do whatever you see fit with it, @Writer! I was sleeping so couldn't answer before :(
That challenge sounds great! I was looking for more challenges to join but not sure tha..."

Thanks Anna.. good to know !
As to challenges, its still early days for 2020 . Im sure youll find a good fit with all the choices out there 🤔

message 13: by writer... (last edited Mar 09, 2020 10:53AM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments 2020 Series Reading:

READ:

Agatha Raisin
M.C. Beaton
The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) by M.C. Beaton The Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin The Potted Gardener / The Walkers of Dembley by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin #13) by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham / Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage by M.C. Beaton Agatha Raisin The Terrible Tourist and The Fairies of Fryfam by M.C. Beaton
The Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection by NOT A BOOK Agatha Raisin Series Collection 10 Books Set (Quiche of Death, Vicious Vet, Potted Gardner, Walkers of Dembley, Terrible Tourist, Wellspring of Death, Wizard of Evesham, Witch of Wyckhadden, Fairies of Fryfam, Busy Body) by M.C. Beaton Dishing the Dirt (Agatha Raisin, #26) by M.C. Beaton As the Pig Turns by M.C. Beaton

Book Lovers Victoria Connelly
1 The Book Lovers (The Book Lovers, #1) by Victoria Connelly

Code Breakers Roseanna M. White
1 The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1) by Roseanna M. White

County Cork Sheila Connolly
7 Many a Twist (County Cork Mystery, #6) by Sheila Connolly 8 Fatal Roots (County Cork #8) by Sheila Connolly

Guido Brunetti Donna Leon
2 Death in a Strange Country (Commissario Brunetti, #2) by Donna Leon 7 A Noble Radiance by Donna Leon 20 Drawing Conclusions A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery by Donna Leon

Knock, Knock, You're Dead! A Hamish Macbeth Short Story (Hamish Macbeth, #30.5) by M.C. Beaton 14 Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth Mystery, #14) by M.C. Beaton

Hannah Swenson Joanne Fluke
5 Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke 6 Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen #6) by Joanne Fluke 9 Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke 12 Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen, #12) by Joanne Fluke
17 Blackberry Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #17) by Joanne Fluke 19 Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke 20 Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swenson, #20) by Joanne Fluke

Hercule Poirot Agatha Christie
17 Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie 20 Hercule Poirot's Christmas A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation by Agatha Christie
Hercules Poirot - The Case of the Careless Victim (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot - Rendezvous With Death (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot - Murder is a Private Affair (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot - The Trail Led to Death (Old Time Radio) by Agatha Christie

Inspector Ian Rutledge Charles Todd
Hunting Shadows An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery by Charles Todd

Love's Grace Jennifer Delamere
A Bride for the Season (Love's Grace #3) by Jennifer Delamere

Miss Marple Agatha Christie
11 At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie 5 The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie 4 The Moving Finger A BBC Radio 4 Full-Cast Dramatisation by Agatha Christie

Monica Noble Faith Martin
2 The Flower Show Murder (Monica Noble, #2) by Joyce Cato 3 The Manor House Murder (Monica Noble #3) by Joyce Cato

message 14: by writer... (last edited Mar 25, 2020 06:39PM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments 2020 Series To Be Read:

Birder Murder Mysteries
Steve Burrows CDN
1 Siege of Bitterns by Steve Burrows 2 A Pitying of Doves A Birder Murder Mystery by Steve Burrows 3 A Cast of Falcons A Birder Murder Mystery by Steve Burrows 4 A Shimmer of Hummingbirds A Birder Murder Mystery by Steve Burrows 5 A Tiding of Magpies A Birder Murder Mystery by Steve Burrows 6 A Dance of Cranes (Birder Murder Mystery #6) by Steve Burrows ✔read so far
7th...

Charles Lennox by Charles Finch
0.3 The Last Passenger (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #0.3) by Charles Finch Feb 2020

Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Louise Penny CDN

Commissario Brunetti by Donna Leon
2 Death in a Strange Country (Commissario Brunetti, #2) by Donna Leon ✔7 A Noble Radiance by Donna Leon ✔20 Drawing Conclusions A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery by Donna Leon ✔ 29 Trace Elements by Donna Leon pub Mar 5 2020

Codebreakers Roseanna M. White
1 The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1) by Roseanna M. White ✔ 2 On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2) by Roseanna M. White 2020

Daniel Pitt Anne Perry
Twenty-One Days (Daniel Pitt, #1) by Anne Perry 1✔ Triple Jeopardy (Daniel Pitt #2) by Anne Perry 2✔ One Fatal Flaw A Daniel Pitt Novel by Anne Perry 3 April 7 2020

14 Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth Mystery, #14) by M.C. Beaton

Hannah Swenson Joanne Fluke
1 Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke 2 Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #2) by Joanne Fluke 3 Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3) by Joanne Fluke 4 Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4) by Joanne Fluke 5 Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke ✔6 Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen #6) by Joanne Fluke ✔7 Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swensen, #7) by Joanne Fluke
8 Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8) by Joanne Fluke 9 Key Lime Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke ✔9.5 Candy Cane Murder (Hannah Swensen, #9.5) by Joanne Fluke 10 Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10) by Joanne Fluke 11 Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen, #11) by Joanne Fluke 12 Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen, #12) by Joanne Fluke
13 Apple Turnover Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13) by Joanne Fluke 14 Devil's Food Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke 15 Cinnamon Roll Murder (Hannah Swensen, #15) by Joanne Fluke 16 Red Velvet Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen #16) by Joanne Fluke 16.5 Gingerbread Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13.5) by Joanne Fluke 17 Blackberry Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #17) by Joanne Fluke
18 Double Fudge Brownie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #18) by Joanne Fluke 19 Wedding Cake Murder by Joanne Fluke ✔20 Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swenson, #20) by Joanne Fluke ✔21 Banana Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #21) by Joanne Fluke 22 Raspberry Danish Murder (Hannah Swensen, #22) by Joanne Fluke 23 Christmas Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #23) by Joanne Fluke 24 Chocolate Cream Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen #24) by Joanne Fluke

Inspector Ian Rutledge Charles Todd
22 A Divided Loyalty (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #22) by Charles Todd To be pubd Feb 2020

Kate Burkholder Linda Castillo
1 Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1) by Linda Castillo ✔2 Pray for Silence (Kate Burkholder, #2) by Linda Castillo ✔3 Breaking Silence (Kate Burkholder, #3) by Linda Castillo

Lady Darby Anna Lee Huber
4.5 A Pressing Engagement (Lady Darby Mystery, #4.5) by Anna Lee Huber 7 An Artless Demise (Lady Darby Mystery #7) by Anna Lee Huber 8 A Stroke of Malice (Lady Darby Mystery, #8) by Anna Lee Huber

Lane Winslow Iona Whishaw CDN
5 A Sorrowful Sanctuary (Lane Winslow #5) by Iona Whishaw 7 A Match Made for Murder (Lane Winslow #7) by Iona Whishaw Apr 2020

Love's Grace Jennifer Delamere CDN
A Lady Most Lovely (Love's Grace, #2) by Jennifer Delamere 2✔ A Bride for the Season (Love's Grace Book 3) by Jennifer Delamere ✔3 An Heiress at Heart by Jennifer Delamere ✔1

Maggie Hope Susan Elia MacNeal
9 The King's Justice by Susan Elia MacNeal Feb 2020

Maisie Dobbs Jacqueline Winspear

Pathways to Romance Cinnamon Worth
To Marry a Morgan (Pathways to Romance Book 1) by Cinnamon Worth 1✔ The Duke and the Damsel (Pathways to Romance Book 2) by Cinnamon Worth 2✔ The Charming Rogue (Pathways to Romance Book 3) by Cinnamon Worth 3✔

Three Quarter Time Rachel McMillan CDN
3 Memory in Three Quarter Time by Rachel McMillan

Van Buren & DeLuca Rachel McMillan CDN
2 Murder in the City of Liberty (Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #2) by Rachel McMillan

Verity Kent Anna Lee Huber
4 A Pretty Deceit by Anna Lee Huber Sept 2020

Will Rees Eleanor Kuhns
6 The Shaker Murders by Eleanor Kuhns ✔7 Simply Dead (Will Rees #7) by Eleanor Kuhns 8 A Circle of Dead Girls (Will Rees, #8) by Eleanor Kuhns 2020

message 15: by writer... (last edited Mar 25, 2020 06:35PM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments 2020 Series Completed:

January
Once Upon a Dickens Christmas
-Michelle Griep
1 12 Days at Bleakly Manor (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas, #1) by Michelle Griep 2 A Tale of Two Hearts (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas, #2) by Michelle Griep 3 The Old Lace Shop (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas #3) by Michelle Griep Once Upon a Dickens Christmas 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England by Michelle Griep final in series✔6.1

Hamish Macbeth -M.C. Beaton
Knock, Knock, You're Dead! A Hamish Macbeth Short Story (A Hamish Macbeth Mystery Book 32) by M.C. Beaton 14 Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth Mystery, #14) by M.C. Beaton final read✔31.1

February
Pathways to Romance Cinnamon Worth
To Marry a Morgan (Pathways to Romance Book 1) by Cinnamon Worth The Duke and the Damsel (Pathways to Romance Book 2) by Cinnamon Worth The Charming Rogue (Pathways to Romance Book 3) by Cinnamon Worth ✔12.2

March
Love's Grace
Jennifer Delamere
An Heiress at Heart (Love's Grace #1) by Jennifer Delamere ✔23.3

message 16: by writer... (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments .

message 17: by writer... (last edited Feb 10, 2020 01:18PM) (new)

writer... (goodreadscomwriter) | 41 comments February Series Singles

1 Annie And Snowball And The Teacup Club by Cynthia Rylant Annie And Snowball And The Teacup Club
Annie and Snowball
2 The Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan The Cafe by the Sea
Summer Seaside Kitchen 1 Jenny Colgan
3 When Shadows Break (Brothers of Belle Fourche Book 5) by Kari Trumbo When Shadows Break
Brothers of Belle Fourche 5 Kari Trumbo
4 To Marry a Morgan (Pathways to Romance Book 1) by Cinnamon Worth To Marry a Morgan
Pathways to Romance 1 Cinnamon Worth
5 A Crafty Crime (A Stoneybrook Mystery, #1) by Eryn Scott A Crafty Crime
A Stoneybrook Mystery 1 Eryn Scott
6 A Bride for the Season (Love's Grace Book 3) by Jennifer Delamere A Bride for the Season
Love's Grace 3 Jennifer Delamere

message 18: by writer... (new)

message 19: by writer... (new)

message 20: by writer... (new)

message 21: by writer... (new)