Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > Audible Membership Deal

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole R (last edited Jan 16, 2020 05:46AM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7710 comments If you have never joined Audible or haven't been a member for the last 30 days, but have been considering it, Audible is running a great deal right now!

They are offering a one year membership for $99.50 (normally $149.50)! That equals less than $8.50 per credit/book. You get all 12 credits up front too, not one a month over the next year.

Of course, it will auto-renew at $149.50 in one year if you don't cancel it, but it is easy enough to set a calendar reminder to cancel. You cannot cancel while you still have credits to use (well, you can, but you lose those credits) so be sure to use all your credits before you cancel!

I cancelled my Audible about 3-4 months ago and haven't missed it too much, but there have definitely been times I wish I had it for immediate access to a book that had a long line at the library or wasn't available on Scribd. For that price, I am rejoining!

Well played, Audible. Well played.

https://www.audible.com/

message 2: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1476 comments wow that's awesome.

message 3: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1476 comments and I pay $180 ... hmmmm

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7710 comments Nicole D. wrote: "and I pay $180 ... hmmmm"

For one credit a month?! You need to write Audible and complain about that.

message 5: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1476 comments yeah, I just realized I can switch to the annual plan for $119 first year, $149.50 each additional. but I have 5 credits right now and I don't think they'd add the 12 to that. Plus, I'm going on vacation next month so I'm saving up. I'll wait. Maybe until income tax refund.

message 6: by NancyJ (last edited Jan 17, 2020 12:10AM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4996 comments That sounds good. I wonder if they only offer that to new members, or people they want to lure back.

I'm on the monthly plan and I take a 3 month break as often as they let me. I've been getting so many audios from the library, I don't need as many audio credits.

I have a trial membership for kindle unlimited. Many of the audios are available for free as well. You can't keep them forever, but that doesn't matter to me.

I love audible for those times when I just can't wait.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8290 comments I’ve been doing the 15$ a month and for that price you get a book a month. But I have been now listening to 39 hours of Dragonfly in Amber so that should be holding me for awhile.

message 8: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7710 comments NancyJ wrote: "That sounds good. I wonder if they only offer that to new members, or people they want to lure back.."

Yes, it is only be offered to new members or people who used to be members but have been gone for the last 30 days.