Christian Readers discussion

Scripture Memorization > It's All About Patience.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Moseley | 1627 comments It’s All About Patience. – “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” Keep in mind God knows what you don’t know and he sees what you don’t see. God’s patience towards us it to a greater degree, than our patience towards friend, co-worker, our spouse, our kids, strangers, etc. -25 But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)-Romans 8:25
12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.-Romans 12:12-DIVINE WORDS BY DIANE.

message 2: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell White | 2 comments I do believe that the 'something' in the verse is referring to salvation and eternity in heaven after death. It's not just anything I cannot see but want to happen. You should only be confident in the things that God has explicitly promised.
Also, I wouldn't say that God has a greater degree of patience than a person. God's patience has limits. God's patience in waiting for them to repent is the length of time God allows them to live. Not that it matters, but I just find it strange to say that God patience is comparable to a person. Because I can give an example of a person who was patient for 75 years to obtain something... And yet God might only allow someone else to live 50 years. We shouldn't say God is more or less patient than people... Only that He is righteously patient and chooses to be patient at times and angry/decisive/bring forth wrath at the right time.

Your words aren't divine Diane. Why would you even say that your words are?