Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

I Am Raven (Black Dove #1)
This topic is about I Am Raven
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Separate Tool Not Working

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devora (new)

Devora Goree (devoragoree) | 6 comments I was attempting to combine all of the editions of my separate titles, I Am Raven, Black Dove, and Flying High; however, I accidentally combine them all (they were grouped as if they would be separate combinations). I've tried to use the separation tool, but it just bumps me back to the Goodreads home page. If I could please get some help with this? Two of my covers have been updated, and I need to combine the current editions with the correct titles so that I can update this information.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23766 comments Authors can't use the separate function.

Working on it.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23766 comments Done.

message 4: by Devora (new)

Devora Goree (devoragoree) | 6 comments Thank you!

message 5: by Bob (new)

Bob Blanton I'm in the same boat. I sent an email about my books already. the books with unique names are separate books, Your combine tools gives the impression that it is allowing you to handle multiple books at the same time. It draws a box around the multiple editions of the same name and shows the other titles grouped with their editions. We go AHA, I only have to do this once and select them all and say combine. Makes more work for you. Sorry

message 6: by lethe (last edited Jan 18, 2020 09:58AM) (new)

lethe | 13730 comments Bob wrote: "Your combine tools gives the impression that it is allowing you to handle multiple books at the same time."

This is at the top of the combine page, in bold:
"Only combine books you are sure are editions of the same work.
Only combine editions of a single work at a time."

ETA I separated your books for you. It may take a couple of days before ratings and series have sorted themselves out. If the series are still incorrect after two days have passed, please post again. In a *new* thread, because this one is linked to a particular book/author.

message 7: by Bob (new)

Bob Blanton I'm in the same boat. I sent an email about my books already. the books with unique names are separate books, Your combine tools gives the impression that it is allowing you to handle multiple books at the same time. It draws a box around the multiple editions of the same name and shows the other titles grouped with their editions. We go AHA, I only have to do this once and select them all and say combine. Makes more work for you. Sorry

message 8: by Bob (new)

Bob Blanton tanks, it was already done.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.