What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen fiction, girl travels to year 3000 with a boy from there. Everyone looks like supermodels. Read between 1998 to 2001.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haruloku (new)

Haruloku | 6 comments Hi, i read this book very long ago and I desperately want to find out its title and author, please help, thank you!

This should be published in the 90s or early 2000s? The author is a female, or I could be wrong.

The protagonist is a teenage girl of about 15? Then there's a similar-aged boy from the future. He brought her back to where he came from, it was year 3000.

Everyone there looks tall and pretty like supermodels. She felt like the odd one out because she's normal like us. She has freckles and the boy's supermodel-looking friends think it's weird that she has freckles and are so much shorter than everyone else.

Everyone in year 3000 has only a mother and no fathers. The mothers can tweak DNA and give birth to perfect-looking children. Hence the supermodel heights and looks the protagonist saw everywhere.

The boy brought her to his bedroom and put a earring into her left earlobe. She felt only a little pain. The boy left the room to go somewhere. She started thinking about him, and suddenly found that she could just THINK and send a message to the boy! The earring enabled her to do so!

OK that's all I remember, please help! Thankz!

message 2: by Haruloku (new)

Haruloku | 6 comments Hi, i've not given up hope on this book. Please help me find this book. Thank you!

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16176 comments When did you read it?

Early 2000s means '04 at the latest?

message 4: by Haruloku (new)

Haruloku | 6 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "When did you read it?

Early 2000s means '04 at the latest?"

Hi Rainbowheart! Yes, I think I read it between 1998 to 2001!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Haruloku, I added the date read to the topic header. Feel free to update it.