What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book with anthropomorphic vampires

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ethan (last edited Jan 16, 2020 09:26AM) (new)

Ethan | 13 comments Hey folks,

Does anybody remember this one book, from around the 90's, that had an anthropomorphic vampire? Somewhere in there was the line "his time had come." I remember reading that when I was about 8; does anyone else remember?

Thanks!

message 3: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 13 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "My Teacher is a Vampire?"

I think this might've been it! Just trying to find pictures from it online ^_^

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments You can read it on archive.org.

message 5: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 13 comments Update, just read it on archive.org and that wasn't it. Thanks for checking, though!

Now to see if there's any other books it could be. XD

message 6: by slauderdale (new)

slauderdale | 138 comments Anthropomorphic as in human-like animals? And if so, what kind of animals?

message 7: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 13 comments slauderdale wrote: "Anthropomorphic as in human-like animals? And if so, what kind of animals?"

I forget exactly what kind of animal, but yup, they were human-like animals.

Side note, pretty sure I found it - one of the Critters of the Night books.

message 8: by slauderdale (new)

slauderdale | 138 comments slauderdale wrote: "Anthropomorphic as in human-like animals? And if so, what kind of animals?"

The classic example I think of in this vein is Bunnicula or one of its sequels, although they are written in the first person (from the POV of Harold, the family dog.) The covers vary widely, but I think the different editions keep the same interior illustrations: you could google Bunnicula illustrations to see if they look familiar.

message 9: by slauderdale (new)

slauderdale | 138 comments "Side note, pretty sure I found it - one of the Critters of the Night books."

OH, rock on!

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39319 comments Mod
Great, be sure to let us know if it's the correct book - and what the title is.

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19188 comments If it's not My Teacher is a Vampire, The Vampire Brides and Kiss of the Vampire are also vampire-themed.

message 12: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 13 comments Although it's not available on Archive, I'm starting to think it may be Night of the Walking Dead from the Critters series.

message 13: by Kris (last edited Dec 01, 2020 06:06AM) (new)

Kris | 35181 comments Mod
Google Books has a snippet search of Night of the Walking Dead, Part 1 / Night of the Walking Dead, Part 2 by Erica Farber (Critters of the Night series):

https://books.google.com/books?id=vxx... (Part 1)
"Igor could feel that his father's time was drawing to an end. In the feebleness of old age, Vasily had become soft. He had begun to repent the past. Suddenly, the doors of the throne room burst open. Two soldiers came in, dragging four children..."

https://books.google.com/books?id=iVU... (Part 2)

message 14: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 13 comments Yeah, I'm starting to think that's the one - thanks!