CanadianContent discussion

Archives 2020 > Finale - meet up

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ❀ Susan (new)

❀ Susan G (susanayearofbooksblogcom) | 4273 comments Mod
Hi all, a place to discuss the 2020 finale meet up! although i am unable to join, I will be happy to coordinate (and arrange shirts and send them along if there is interest... thinking Red this year??)

message 2: by ❀ Susan (new)

Hi everyone - i need to get the ticket numbers to Tara this week. Can you please let me know who is planning to join this year?? thanks!

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments YES for me
YES for Sarah

I'll be confirming with my sister Kristin today hopefully.

Re: t-shirts, I am happy to wear last year's if others are...?

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments YES for Kristin

Thank you!

message 5: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments Yes for the finale for me!

message 6: by Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (last edited Jan 21, 2020 06:43AM) (new)

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2052 comments I've been stuck in my house with a few forays around the neighbourhood since Thursday evening. I'm sorely tempted to just book a flight and join you. If the weather in March was more reliable, I wouldn't hesitate.

message 7: by ❀ Susan (new)

You totally should.... but I will be sad not to meet you! Hopefully next year will not be March break.

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2052 comments I am very much tempted, but not this year. Maybe next time....

message 9: by ❀ Susan (new)

Would be so fun to meet you in 2021!!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 315 comments Looking forward to 2020 Canada Reads, Susan. As Ally has said, I’m in! Thanks for getting the tickets sorted out.

message 11: by ❀ Susan (last edited Jan 23, 2020 07:03PM) (new)

Just starting a list, so far:

1. Allison
2. Sarah
3. Kristen
4. May
5. Shalom
6. Cynthia
7. Carla
8. Siobhan
9. Theresa
10. Farrah
11. Laudi

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Hi Susan — Sarah and I are going to bring our two 14 year old daughters, Farrah and Laudi. It sort of takes away from our “girls’ night away” as we come by train, get a hotel, eat out, etc. But we thought it would be a great experience for them, so they’re in! Sarah & I will find some time later on in the year for some sans-kid fun! :)

message 13: by ❀ Susan (new)

sounds terrific - i will add them too the list and am sorry Erin won't be there to meet them

message 14: by ❀ Susan (new)

any others? i am going to confirm the ticket numbers with Tara tomorrow.

Vidya??

message 15: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments I sent a message to Vidya. She isn’t able to make the finale this year, sadly

message 16: by ❀ Susan (new)

That is too bad. :(

message 17: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Rao | 83 comments Unfortunately, I can't make it to the finale this year. I'm hoping to go on the first day. If any one is planning to be there, it will be great to catch up.

message 18: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments ❀ Susan wrote: "Just starting a list, so far:

1. Allison
2. Sarah
3. Kristen
4. May
5. Shalom
6. Cynthia
7. Carla
8. Siobhan
9. Theresa
10. Farrah
11. Laudi"

Bumping this up a bit, as we are closer to the meetup. Are you ladies interested to do a post-event lunch like years past? I can make a reservation at Scaddabush on Front Street for 1pm if you are interested. Just reply so I can get a number.

Also, just curious if Tara is still making arrangement for us as a group?

message 19: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Yes to lunch! Will be 5 of us, May — me, Sarah, Kristin as usual, plus two daughters this year. Thank you! (Will miss the others who can’t make it. I only see some of them annually!)

message 20: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments Allison wrote: "Yes to lunch! Will be 5 of us, May — me, Sarah, Kristin as usual, plus two daughters this year. Thank you! (Will miss the others who can’t make it. I only see some of them annually!)"

@Allison, that is amazing! What are the names of the daughters? I am assuming they are Theresa, Farrah or Laudi?

message 21: by Tara (new)

Tara (taramora) | 38 comments Tara here! Happy to help and glad you're coming.

message 22: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Farrah & Laudi, yup. So we 5 are Allison, Sarah, Kristin, Laudi and Farrah. You’ve met Kristin & Sarah in years past; this year adding the two girls.

Tara, thank you! Looking forward to seeing you again.

message 23: by ❀ Susan (new)

@Tara - thank you!! We so appreciate your help for our group each year and the 11 this year. :)

The Canada Reads FB site sure is active if anyone is interested.

message 24: by ❀ Susan (new)

@May - I will confirm with the brantford group but am fairly certain that they are looking forward to lunch!

message 25: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments @Susan, sounds good!!
@Tara, thank you again for taking care of us!

message 26: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments @Susan, are you able to confirm with the Brantford group?
Also, are we going with wear one of the Canadian Content t-shirts from previous years?

message 27: by ❀ Susan (new)

Yes - they are all joining for lunch and I have given my last year’s shirt to Siobhan to borrow.

Have fun! Will miss you all. :(

message 28: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments ❀ Susan wrote: "Yes - they are all joining for lunch and I have given my last year’s shirt to Siobhan to borrow.

Have fun! Will miss you all. :("

Great! I will make a reservation for 11 people for 1pm.
And the colour from last year was the navy blue one, right?
It will not be the same without you and Rainey!

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 315 comments @Susan much thanks for arranging the tickets again this year. You will be missed. @May thank you for sorting out lunch reservations!! Looking forward to this year, as it’s the first year my daughter and my niece are able to join us. Only a few weeks away!

message 30: by ❀ Susan (new)

Hi all - i have just sent an email to Tara to confirm your arrival time and will post when I have it. I also thanked her for all the support that she continues to give our group!!

message 31: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Yes great, thanks Susan! No risk of cancellation, huh? At my place of work we now have travel restrictions in place, including within Canada.

message 32: by ❀ Susan (new)

hard to say... seems that other events are being cancelled so we will have to watch and see.

message 33: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments Fingers crossed!

message 34: by ❀ Susan (new)

Sorry book friends: “In consideration for the health and well-being of everyone involved, we have made the decision to cancel the live audience for Canada Reads. We'll miss seeing you in studio this year, but look out for our Facebook Watch Party if you'd like to follow along with friends and family.”

message 35: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Ah, as expected. Thanks for the notification, Susan. Will miss everyone, but will definitely be there next year!

message 36: by ✿✿✿May (new)

✿✿✿May  | 989 comments That’s too bad! Better safe than sorry!

message 37: by Sarah (last edited Mar 12, 2020 06:43PM) (new)

Sarah | 315 comments Thanks Susan. Yes, I’ll be there next year, hopefully with my daughter and niece too. Sorry we’ll miss the group. Turns out those that wanted to but couldn't make it won’t miss a single thing! Stay heathy everyone.

message 38: by ❀ Susan (new)

Canada Reads will give us all a more positive focus next week!!

message 39: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments True!

message 41: by Louise (new)

Louise | 1585 comments Oh no! I thought I had something to look forward to, something else to watch besides the news :-(

message 42: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Oh wow!

message 43: by Wanda (new)

Wanda | 604 comments On the positive side, it gives me a bit more time and reason to read the books...

message 44: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2264 comments Ha - me too, Wanda! This is the first you ever that I hadn’t finished all the books on time!

message 45: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 334 comments I have read all but 1 book. I'm #7 on the list for that one. Maybe I'll be able to read it in time. :)

Allison ༻hikes the bookwoods༺ (allisonhikesthebookwoods) | 2052 comments Canada Reads was going to be such a great distraction in the coming days. ☹️