Play Book Tag discussion

In Such Good Company: Eleven Years of Laughter, Mayhem, and Fun in the Sandbox
This topic is about In Such Good Company
Archive: Other Books > [Pollbook Tally] In Such Good Company: Eleven Years of Laughter, Mayhem and Fun by Carol Burnett 3+ stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7202 comments This audiobook won a grammy for best spoken word recording and it deserved it! Carol Burnett makes a fabulous narrator. The book was well written and documented--she rewatched every single episode of the Carol Burnett show before writing this. The book was 3 stars with or without the audiobook because I wasn't always interested in hearing as much detail about some of the skits, but if you remember this show and liked it (we liked it at my house when I was growing up) you might love that part of it.

One of the things I liked was that it didn't get into a lot of gossip and many stories about nasty things. She touches on a couple of things, but doesn't even name one idiot. That is Carol Burnett to a tee as I remember her. That's not to say that memoirs were there was abuse (it sounds like she had a good childhood overall and that's okay, too) are wrong, but I think that it doesn't need that to be interesting, particularly when it's about a comedy show.

I am happy I "read" this (listened on audio in the van).

message 2: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy | 8858 comments I really love her and I watch her show every single night. I was actually planning to read this as well for the pole ballot tally challenge. It matches at least three states. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

message 3: by Karin (last edited Jan 15, 2020 05:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 7202 comments Amy wrote: "I really love her and I watch her show every single night. I was actually planning to read this as well for the pole ballot tally challenge. It matches at least three states. I’m glad you enjoyed it."
It does indeed. I think you'll like it. I can't remember if you listen to audiobooks but it is marvelous that way.