Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

A Madness of Sunshine
This topic is about A Madness of Sunshine
Archived "Buddy Reads" > A Madness of Sunshine by Nalini Singh (Start:23 Jan 2020)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jan 15, 2020 02:33PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments

A Madness of Sunshine

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh welcomes you to a remote town on the edge of the world where even the blinding brightness of the sun can’t mask the darkness that lies deep within a killer…

On the rugged West Coast of New Zealand, Golden Cove is more than just a town where people live. The adults are more than neighbors; the children, more than schoolmates.

That is until one fateful summer—and several vanished bodies—shatters the trust holding Golden Cove together. All that’s left are whispers behind closed doors, broken friendships, and a silent agreement not to look back. But they can’t run from the past forever.

Eight years later, a beautiful young woman disappears without a trace, and the residents of Golden Cove wonder if their home shelters something far more dangerous than an unforgiving landscape.

It’s not long before the dark past collides with the haunting present and deadly secrets come to light.

message 2: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments I’m in! I’m in! I’m in!

(Not insane she’s just on of my favourite authors)

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments lol

message 5: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m in!

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments I'm hoping to finish up my listen of The Search by tonight so I can get a few chapters in. I'll be reading via audiobook. With my work schedule at the moment that the only way I can get in reading time.

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll start when I get home.

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Finished chapter 3
(view spoiler)

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 8
(view spoiler)

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments The spoiler above is chapter 9

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments Just getting started. Loving that they used a Kiwi narrator (or one really good at accents) and the imagery as she’s driving back into her home town is beautifully done.

Loriidae Yes the narration is very good. It will be interesting to see how an American audience responds to the accent, as I imagine it would take some getting used to.

Loriidae Chapter 1: The opening paragraph to the novel is very powerful. Sets Anahera up as a strong woman.

Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

Short chapters - easy style, already enjoying it more than her contemporaries.

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 5
Yes it was creepy.

I like the short chapters too.

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments At chapter 9 -

(view spoiler)

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 16
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Threads (last edited Jan 25, 2020 08:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments Chapter 42 - okay i think I know who the killer is. Thought it a few chapters back but there's too much emphasis on (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Could you add spoiler tags please?

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments ShoSho wrote: "Could you add spoiler tags please?"

Done - sorry, I didn't realise that was a spoiler. I meant it as more of a comment about the general way it was handled throughout the book instead of referencing a specific plot point.

message 20: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m so behind on this one! I’ll start it when I get home tonight!

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Threads wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Could you add spoiler tags please?"

Done - sorry, I didn't realise that was a spoiler. I meant it as more of a comment about the general way it was handled throughout the book inste..."

:) thanks

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I haven't read much in the past few days. I think I'm reading chapter 32,maybe!?

message 23: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I like the atmosphere and all the hints about the hero and heroine. About Miriama, (view spoiler)

message 24: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Loriidae wrote: "Chapter 1: The opening paragraph to the novel is very powerful. Sets Anahera up as a strong woman.

Chapter 5: [spoilers removed]

Short chapters - easy style, already enjoying it more than her con..."

Oh yes! That paragraph not only set her up as a strong woman but also predisposes the reader to feel sympathetic towards her.

message 25: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m on Ch. 32 and I keep thinking that (view spoiler)

message 26: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m on Ch. 32 and I keep thinking that (view spoiler)

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I’m on Ch. 32 and I keep thinking that [spoilers removed]"

hmmm interesting.
(view spoiler)

message 28: by Loriidae (last edited Jan 29, 2020 10:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Loriidae ShoSho wrote: "Gisela wrote: "I’m on Ch. 32 and I keep thinking that [spoilers removed]"

hmmm interesting. We know the abductor is a man. ..."

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m done! (view spoiler)

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I have about 70 pages to go.

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments Gisela wrote: "I’m done! "

(view spoiler)

message 32: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm done too.
(view spoiler)

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments Now that everyone's done I'll mention that (view spoiler)

message 34: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Threads wrote: "Now that everyone's done I'll mention that [spoilers removed]"

That is an alarming statistic!

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I have seen the impact of it on children coming out of that sort relationships.