Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The First Book Of The Civil War
This topic is about The First Book Of The Civil War
Book Cover Help > Dorothy Levenson First Book covers missing

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jerry (capvideo) | 84 comments Dorothy Levenson’s “First Books” of The Civil War, The Confederacy, and Reconstruction are missing covers.

None of them have covers on Amazon. Reconstruction has an entry on archive.org but the other two do not. Archive.org’s entry matches the SBN for the version on Goodreads, and has a great cover.

I have also uploaded cover scans from my personal copies for verification and use, as well as the indicia page for each.

First Book of the Civil War, ISBN 0-531-01291-3, on Goodreads
First Book of the Confederacy, no ISBN, on Goodreads
First Book of Reconstruction, SBN 531-00715-4, on Goodreads; the matching ISBN is 0531007154

First Book of Reconstruction on archive.org with a great cover
Dorothy Levenson books on archive.org; of these books, only Reconstruction is listed.

From my personal copies:

The Civil War cover
The Civil War indicia
The Confederacy cover
The Confederacy indicia
Reconstruction cover
Reconstruction indicia

Amazon:

The Civil War on Amazon, lacking cover
The Confederacy on Amazon, lacking cover
Reconstruction on Amazon, lacking cover

Thank you!

message 2: by Albert (new)

Albert | 2407 comments Covers have been added. Used covers from your physical copies for First Book of the Civil War and First Book of the Confederacy. Used cover from the Internet Archive for Reconstruction.

The binding on The First Book of the Civil War shows as Unknown. It appears to be a hardcover from your photo. Can you confirm that?

Jerry (capvideo) | 84 comments Yes, my copy of The First Book of The Civil War, Revised edition, is a hardcover. Also, the back cover says “A Franklin Watts Library Edition”, if that’s relevant.

message 4: by Albert (new)

Albert | 2407 comments Thanks. That change is made.