What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy series. Boy leaves his family to travel with someone (possibly a master), because it is discovered that he has a special, rare ability to see through the eyes of living beings & control their thoughts. Goal is to defeat a demon king.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by King (new)

King Kong | 6 comments I read this book about 5-6 years ago, it is part of a trilogy, the main MC was discovered to have a rare possibly extinct ability, which was being able to see through other living beings eyes(something similar to a warg in GoT), so someone took him on a journey to control and learn his ability, in the later books he masters the ability and he can even control the thoughts of his target, there is also some romance involved with a girl he meets on the way. The main goal for the MC was to defeat a demon king that was sealed for a long time(I think he was called Abaddon), which he manages to do at the end of the last book but it comes at a price, he becomes blind.

Description of his ability:
He can see through the eyes of living beings, and control their thoughts, depending on the willpower of the person they can resist it.
Weakness of his ability is that if the person who he is currently "seeing through" dies he loses his eyesight.

message 2: by King (new)

King Kong | 6 comments another thing I remember is that he was travelling in a boat for a quite a while.

message 3: by Madi (new)

Madi (madilynn) | 13 comments Maybe Gifts?

message 4: by King (new)

King Kong | 6 comments Hi Madi, It is not the book I am looking for, but thank you for trying!

message 5: by King (new)

King Kong | 6 comments bump

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your request (post a comment) every 30+ days because this group is so large. However, you can add new information at any time.

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by King (new)

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Again, you can bump your request not more often than every 30 days.

message 9: by King (new)

message 10: by Kris (last edited May 04, 2020 11:28AM) (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
I added more plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

How old is the boy? Who are his parents?

Is this book for teens or older adults?

What type of fantastical creatures are in the book?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gifts (other topics)