What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about silly teacher on field trip. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Hollar | 11 comments Does anyone know the name of a children's book about a teacher who takes her students to Philadelphia for a field trip and she mispronounces words and does silly things? The kids think she is so silly. I don't know much else about it.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1191 comments This one came up searching "children's book" "teacher" "field trip" "philadelphia" "silly":

Mrs. Millie Goes To Philly! by Judy Cox.

"Mrs. Millie is really silly. She loves to substitute animal words for other words when talking to her kindergarten class. On a class trip to Philadelphia, the kids board a "platypus" (school bus), "hold hens with their buddies" (hold hands with their buddies), and visit the "Liberty Bull" (Liberty Bell). The students love to laugh and correct their favorite teacher. What fun! Joe Mathieu's colored pencil, pen, and ink artwork literally interprets each of Mrs. Millie's "mistakes" and adds hilarity to this lighthearted read-aloud about the city of brotherly love."

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Hollar | 11 comments Thank you...I googled using the terms you used but not all at one time; teaches me to be more thorough; my patron will be thrilled! How do I mark it solved?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Margaret. I marked your request as Solved by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header/title. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mrs. Millie Goes To Philly! (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judy Cox (other topics)