r/horrorlit discussion

Jumpstart Idea

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (last edited Jan 15, 2020 04:37AM) (new)

William Vann | 9 comments Mod
So, since like me, I'm guessing most of joined to get great ideas on what to read next, here's a thought to get things started. Instead of picking one book for those interested to read, maybe choose one author that we've been hearing a lot about and pick their one book that is most intriguing to you. Thoughts?
(I've not read and been toying with the idea of Nick Cutter, but I'm open to other suggestions.)

message 2: by Nicky نیکی (new)

Nicky نیکی | 2 comments Sounds good to me. I haven’t read Cutter yet either and have been planning to. I just read my first Ronald Malfi book and there are many other horror authors I’ve yet to get to.

message 3: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Jean | 1 comments I haven't read any Nick Cutter yet but I've read a few Ronald Malfi and he's amazing. I just bought The Narrows and I can't wait to get into it.

message 4: by Tyler (new)

Tyler | 1 comments I really enjoyed The Troop and The Deep by Cutter. Have never heard of Malfi, but The Narrows sounds right up my alley. Definitely checking that out.

message 5: by Lucille (new)

Lucille Lee | 2 comments I just finished The Troop by Nick Cutter earlier this week so would be open to reading something else by him for sure!

message 6: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Gray (tylerg1221) | 1 comments The Troop is so good! I listened to the audiobook while hiking and it made it even more creepy.

message 7: by Karie (new)

Karie | 1 comments Oh, I haven't read Nick Cutter yet either (well, okay, I did read the beginning of The Deep, but had to return it to the library before I could really get into it). I'd be in for any of his work, but The Troop is the one I'm most looking forward to.

message 8: by William (new)

William Vann | 9 comments Mod
Sounds like Cutter would be a choice start then. I’ll start another thread, and we can all name the one we’ll read. This is kind of exciting. Thanks all!

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike (justwords) | 1 comments I'd try some more Cutter. I think I may even have one on my bookshelf.

message 10: by Josh (new)

Josh Francabandera | 3 comments Just finished The Troop by Cutter and it was great!! Would love to try either Little Heaven or The Deep.

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Hudson (kathudsonart) | 1 comments Just started reading The Deep yesterday! Perfect

message 12: by Karmen (new)

Karmen Wells | 2 comments I read Little Heaven a couple years ago, and I rarely see people talk about it. I'd be curious to know what others think.

message 13: by Elias (new)

Elias (eliasnielsengarfinkel) I don't know a lot about Cutter, but the summaries for "The Deep," and "The Acolyte" grabbed my attention. both seem to have somewhat mixed reviews, does anyone have input/recommendations on which to go for?

message 14: by Angie (new)

Angie | 3 comments I like the idea of going with an author! I haven’t read Cutter yet so I’m game for starting there!

message 15: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 1 comments I would definitely recommend Cutter to people. Personally I liked The Troop the best of his books.

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol (cmmc) | 1 comments I haven’t read any Nick Cutter yet either but I’m also a huge fan of Ronald Malfi. I have multiple faves of his and Night Parade and Floating Staircase are two of them.

message 17: by Dixon (new)

Dixon Reuel (dixonreuel) | 2 comments Haven't read any Nick Cutter, either - sounds good to me. Like the idea of starting with one author.

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam | 2 comments William wrote: "So, since like me, I'm guessing most of joined to get great ideas on what to read next, here's a thought to get things started. Instead of picking one book for those interested to read, maybe choos..."

I read The Troop last week. It was a pretty quick and fun read. I suggest give it a shot.