✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Elizabeth and Cera Reunite!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 240 (240 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Here we go!

message 2: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Hi! We still building off the Elemental Guilt?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Yeah, Elemental magic wielding assassins seems like it'll be a lot of fun. Do you have plot ideas though?

message 4: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments I was thinking that maybe our two characters are from different competing guilds who have to be forced to work together when hired to kill the same person and as they worked together they discovered some kind of shocking truth about their guilds and are forced on the run. It is a bit board plot right now lol

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments I'd say if they were hired to kill the same person they would have been hired by different people. They happen to run into each other on the job? Or maybe the guild masters know that this guy knows a truth they don't want discovered so the guilds tell them to work together to kill this guy? What if there are 4 guilds,each one that are masters of a different element?

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments If we do the 4 guilds, do you mind if I take the water and fire assassins?

message 7: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments I like the 4 guild idea of the guild masters sending their assassins after one guy who knows a secret about them! Being Earth and Air will be fun!!!

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments okay, so want to skip character making and jump right in? Where do you want to start? Our characters got their mission and are all meeting somewhere to plan maybe?

message 9: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments I fine with skipping characters making if you want. All meeting somewhere to plan sounds like a good place to start!

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments okay so one more idea to throw out before we start, just so the assassins all know who others are, what of once you become a full member of the guild, they get a small tattoo on their wrist for whichever one they are apart of?

message 11: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments I like that! It make sense to have a way to recognize guild members. I have an question do we both want to do a guy and girl or just do whatever we want?

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments I was planning a guy and girl but we could do whatever.

message 13: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments I was also planning on doing a guy and a girl so that works out well then! lol

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric was sitting at a table in the corner of the tavern where he could watch the door and no one could sneak up on him. One had was wrapped around the mug of ale he'd ordered. It looked like he was the first one here. His sleeves were pushed back enough that the small flame on his wrist was visible to anyone who cared to look for it. He still didn't have all the details to this mission. The fact that all four guilds were having to work together for it though was troubling. Maybe the others would know more than he did. He wasn't sure how much longer he'd be waiting on the others, he was early after all.

Stephanie entered the inn not long before the meeting was set to begin, and though it had started raining outside she remained dry. Not that she didn't love the water, but for a meeting such as this she thought that she might make a better impression if she wasn't soaked. She scanned the other patrons of the inn, searching to see if any of the others were here yet.

message 15: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Francesca sat at the bar of the tavern, her eyes tracking the people around them. She like Eric has gotten there early but she chose to sit in the open. Francesca was a lovely looking woman with long blonde hair in a loose braid down her back. Under her blue tunic on her shoulder sat her wind guild tattoo. She had sense Eric as soon as she arrived but didn't make a move to go say hi. She was waiting for everyone else.

Henry barrel into the tavern a few moments after Stephanie, soaking wet from the rain. His dark tan skin glisten from the droplets as he pulled his brown curly hair back from his face. He wore a green sleeveless tunic over brown pants. His guild symbol of rocks sat proudly on his forearm. He was not hiding who he was. He wore an easy grin. He spotted Stephanie soon after he stepped into the room and moved towards her. "Greetings!" He greeted with a friendly tone.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Stephanie had long, reddish-brown hair, her own wave tattoo was on the back of her neck, currently covered by her hair though from the fact she was dry it was easy enough to know she could do water magic. She raised her eyebrow at the guy who had just come in. "Stephanie, nice to meet you." She said, sticking out her hand to shake, she glanced around the room, trying to spot the others.

Eric watched as the two others entered the tavern, the girl was obviously water. The guy had his earth tattoo very visible. That just left the wind assassin. He looked around the room, wondering if she was running late or already here just watching too. His guess was on the latter.

message 17: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "Henry" Henry smiled at her with a nod of his head. "You must be the water assassin." He stated his own glaze going past her to try and locate the others. He felt a sense of dread at this mission, he didn't like that it involved all of the guilds. It meant either this mission was more important than his guild master was letting on or it was a trap of some kind.

Francease appeared beside Eric's side, having walked a wide circle of the Tavern slipping in and out of the crowd. She was known in her guild to be able to blend in and almost disappear into any crowd. She didn't know if Eric had spotted her walking his way and she did not care at this moment. "It seems everyone is here." Her voice was a soft sound, her eyes narrowed on his flame tattoo for a moment before turning to glaze at Stephanie and Henry knowing they would soon locate them.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric saw her making her way over to his table, the advantage to sitting in the corner. "You must be from the wind guild." He nodded to one of the open chairs, hoping someone knew more about this than him. How hard was this mission that it was taking four to do? any other mission he'd heard of was two tops and never cross guild like this.

Feeling the gaze on her Stephanie turned to see the two people at the back corner watching her and Henry. "I'm guessing those would be the last two." She said, making her way over to the table Francease and Eric were at, the tattoo visible on his wrist confirmed his identity at least.

message 19: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "And you must be from the fire guild." She commented softly taking one of the open chairs. "Name is Francesca." She offered with her hand other stretch. She was going to play nice for now. She wasn't sure what this whole mission was about but it wouldn't do her good by being rude. Her glazed move to Stephanie and Henry as they arrived. "Water." She nodded at Stephanie. "Earth." She nodded at Henry.

Henry grinned at the trio in front of him. "Let me guess, we all have important information about this mission and together we can complete it." He said dramatically. It actually what his guild master had told him. Each assassin held facts of this mission that was vital to it success and he was told not to share his information.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments "Eric." He replied, shaking her hand as he watched the others come over, the water girl taking the seat across from Eric himself. "So I guess we should plan how exactly we're going to do this. This idea probably won't be popular what with the usual rivalry between guilds but if we're all being sent after this guy we'll need to know what everyone can do." He looked around at the others, waiting to see what they thought.

Stephanie had introduced herself as she sat down, frowning at Eric's words. She didn't reply immediately, looking around at the others herself. Yes her guild master had told her she'd have to work with the others, but she didn't know about sharing guild secrets. Just because she had to work with the others didn't mean she had to trust them.

message 21: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Henry nodded his hellos at the group before frowning at Eric's words. "Listen I do not mean to sound rude but it is literally in our training not to give out secrets like that." He pointed out, he didn't mind showing off what guild he was from but to show off his powers and to give out information went against what he was taught.

"Eric has a point." Fran commented softly her eyes looking between everyone. "We need to work with each other. We do not have to trust each other but we can not have surprises." She pointed out. "We do not have to lay our whole life's story at each other feet but we need to be a little open."

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments "How about this." Stephanie spoke up. 'We don't have to say everything that we can do, but some of the major things. That way we know a bit about what to expect from the others powers but e aren't giving away all our guild's secrets either?"

Eric gave a nod of agreement. That worked for him. "Alright, works for me." He looked to Henry and Fran, seeing if they agreed before he started to show any of what he could do.

message 23: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Henry and Fran both nodded as Henry spoke up. "That sounds like a good enough plan as any but I suggest we do not do in this Inn." he said glancing at the people around the table wondering the secrets they held.

"There was a barn outside, we could go there." Fran suggested, also not liking to show off her powers inside where others could see and beside she wanted the wind. There was no wind inside.

message 24: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 05, 2020 08:30PM) (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric would have preferred to stay inside. He didn't really care if anyone saw him, and there was the fire in the inn's fireplace that he could have played with put he had other tricks up his sleeves. Creating fire himself wasn't hard, but one that was already there was wilder, harder to control and he'd wanted to show off a bit even if the others wouldn't have known the difference.

Stephanie nodded her agreement, leading the way as the group went out to the barn. She was deep in thought about what she wanted to show them and decided to start simple enough. It was still raining outside and this time she didn't bother to keep herself dry, She liked the rain, the water, but as soon as they were all inside she did lift the water out of the other's clothes, leaving them dry.

message 25: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Fran frown slightly as the water left her clothing, she didn't like the sensation of it but it was a handy trick and it showed the control Stephanie had over water. She was going to comment on the power but Henry beat her to it as his loud voiced the barn. For a moment Fran wonder how this man could be an assassin with his attitude and personality.

"That was pretty cool!" Henry said with wide eyes looking at his shirt. "That power would be handy to have in a storm." He of course was thinking of other ways Stephanie could use water to complete a job. "What else can you do?" He asked, his eyes wide and bright. He liked learning about other magics. To see it in action.

message 26: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 08, 2020 06:38PM) (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Stephanie considered what else she wanted to show them. She gathered some of the water from the air into a ball, tossing it up and down in the air. She could have done bigger, but decided to start with this for now. She could take water from people's bodies too. People being mostly water made that fairly easy, but she wasn't going to show that off. There were other things she could do too but Odiana, her guild master, known by many as the water witch, would kill her if she gave too many secrets away.

message 27: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "Oh I can do a varying type of that!" Henry said, watching the ball toss up and down for a moment before taking a small breath and raising his hand in the air, with it came small balls of dirt from around them hovering in the air. He didn't want to show off to much and he knew he wasn't going to mention how he can track people through the earth. He can feel the vibrations of movement and he was one of the best trackers in the kingdom.

message 28: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 10, 2020 07:48PM) (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric made a fire ball as well. This was simple, one of the first things he'd learned how to do. "What about you wind girl?" He asked, glancing at Francesca. "You able to do anything like this?" He didn't see how she could. Wind was the least tangible of them all, but you never know. He heated up the barn a bit while he was at it.

message 29: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Francesca rolled her eyes. "Of course I can." A ball of wind formed in her hand as she stared down Eric with a raised eyebrow as if to say got any more silly questions. She was very proud of her powers, she had been train since a young child to be one of the best wizards in her guilds. She took her word very seriously. It was all she knew.

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric stared wide eyed at the swirling wind in her palm for a moment, alright, now that was cool. "Alright then...I guess we should figure out what we know."

Stephanie spoke up. "Odinia didn't tell me much. I know we need to travel south. The guy we're after is apparently hiding out in the fort at the border. My guess is he's probably paying some of the soldiers to protect him."

message 31: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "It aren't soldiers. This man has assassins working for him." Henry spoke up with a small sigh, his happy go lucky attitude turning darker "I was told this man has information that needs to die with him and he needs to be stopped."

Fran had smiled at Eric's look but now looked more serious with the change of topic. "We need to make find out if this man has any friends that he spoken too. Those people may need to be taken out too."

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments ((Hey sorry! if I ever don't reply in like 2 days, feel free to bump the topic))

Stephanie nodded at Fran's comment. "We'll have to ask a lot of questions to even find out his associates, but it'll be worth it to take them out now if necessary instead of hunting them down later.

Eric looked away from Fran. "What do we know about what this guy knows anyway?"

message 33: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments ((Okey dokey will do!!))

"Different rumors. Apparently no one exactly knows who he is. The name he goes by right now is Harrison Goldman. Some rumors say he is a nobleman who stumble upon the wrong information while other say he is a mad man. " Fran shrugged thoughtfully. "All I know is he is dangerous and will try to con us out of killing him."

Henry nodded in agreement. "That about what I know too. My guild master said that one reason why he was able to stay hidden so long is because of all the rumors he spread about himself."

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments "Well every rumor has a bit of truth to it. I'm not sure if what I heard about him being at the fort is right or not but it's a place to start. Even if he's not there anymore hopefully we can track him from there." Stephanie spoke up, looking around at the others to see if there were any objections.

message 35: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "South it is then." Henry agreed with a nod, ready to get this show on the road. There was nothing worst than just standing around and talking. He wanted action, movement. "We should probably wait instill morning when it isn't raining." Fran suggested, she assumed Stephanie would have no problem traveling through this weather but Fran wasn't a fan of the rain and certainly didn't want to be traveling in it for the night.

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments ((I might not be on much until Sunday))

Eric nodded, wholeheartedly in agreement with Fran. He didn't want to go anywhere in this weather. "Hopefully there's some open rooms. We can leave first thing in the morning. Hopefully it won't be raining by then."

"Morning sounds good to me." Stephanie agreed. She was somewhat amused by their reluctance to get wet, but she wouldn't mind a little extra time to prepare.

message 37: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Henry nodded, he didn't mind traveling in the rain but he liked the idea of a nice warm bed for the night. He had been traveling hard these past few days to get to the Inn. "Then come along Folks, let's go see what kind of rooms they have." Henry started back into the rain leading the way to the rain.

Fran watched in slight amusement at Henry, he was an interesting character that for sure. But so was Eric and Stephanie. This adventure was sure to be fun.

message 38: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric followed along behind, glaring at the sky as if that would stop the rain. Even before he'd joined the guild he'd hated this kind of weather. At least weather to the south was supposed to be drier. When he got inside he went and asked about rooms before returning to a spot by the fire, increasing the strength of the flames just enough to dry quicker. He looked around at the others, still not really sure what to think of them.

Stephanie followed along more slowly, taking her time in the rain. There was a lot to think about, she didn't think that chasing down the rumors would be as easy as they waned it to be. There had to be a reason this man had made it as long as he had without getting killed. On the other hand, if he was that big of a threat the guild leaders likely would have gone after him themselves. She sighed, they'd see soon enough.

message 39: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Fran settled at the bar of the Inn, singling for a drink to warm herself up. Her ears were tune in to pick up any small sounds around her. Conversations all around her floated to her ears as she took a sip of her drink. Her mind was working double time creating different places and ideas now that she knew a little bit
more.

Henry followed Eric beside the fire humming softly. He seem to loud to be an assassin. "I wonder why we all got chosen. Any of our guild members could of got picked but we were." He said his thoughts out loud glancing at Eric with a amused smiled.

message 40: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments (( :D ))

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric shrugged. "That could be said of anyone, they had to choose someone. Luck? Our guild masters had the most faith in us? Take your pick." Of all the others, the earth assassin made the least amount of sense to him. Looks could be deceiving though.

When Stephanie entered the inn she took a seat next to Fran, ordering a drink for herself. At first she sat in silence, letting her sense drift out around her to the others in the inn. She wasn't expecting much here, except from maybe her companions, but this trick might come in handy later on as they got closer to the target.

message 42: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments Henry nodded softly but there was still a wise thoughtful look to his eyes as he stared into the flames, watching them flicker back and fore. He wasn't sure if it was luck, something told him they were chosen but he wasn't sure why. "Well I supposed it doesn't matter does it?" He shook his head as if to shake off a thought.

Fran sipped her drink as she glanced over at Stephanie. "Did you grow up in your guild?" She asked the girl out of curiosity. She wasn't one for conversion usually but she supposed she should be nice since they were working together. Some guild members join later in life others was born and raised in their guilds. Fran was born and raised as a wind assassin.

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments Eric raised an eyebrow at him. It didn't seem like Henry had given up on the thought but he didn't question him about it. "You been part of the guild long?"

Stephanie stopped what she was doing and looked back at Fran. "Born in the guild. My mother was a water assassin too." She'd never met her father and her mother never really said much about him. "What about you?"

message 44: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "A few years. I was on my own for a long time but got to a low place in my life and my guild master offer me a way out. What about you?" Henry stated with an easy smile, there was a hint of darkness in his eyes.

"Dropped off at the guild as a baby. Born and raised there. I guess my parents didn't want to deal with a child with gifts." She answered with a small shrug.

message 45: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments "I joined up when I was about sixteen." He answered, joining up at not a great time in his own life as well. "I developed my powers late, just a few years before that."

"Wow, you got your abilities early huh? I didn't start showing signs of my ability with water until I was about 3 or 4." Still earlier than most, but at a few days old? That was insane.

message 46: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "A late bloomer than? I feel that. My siblings growing up all shown their powers soon before mine." Henry offered the information up without blinking. He didn't mind talking about his past, there wasn't much you could use against him.

"The story I was told is that I didn't like the cold air of me and would redirect the current of air. One day when I was having a fit, I even floated." She shrugged, She didn't think she was special.

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments ""How many siblings do you have?" Eric asked him . He didn't like talking about his own past, but if Henry was going to offer up information...and Eric would rather talk about someone else than himself.

Stephanie gave a half grin at that. "First time I used mine, or how the story goes anyway, was apparently one day I didn't want to take a bath so I just kept moving the water away, or trying to. Since my mom could use water too I guess she eventually got me in there."

message 48: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "Nine. We were a big house hold. Most of us didn't share the same father but most of us didn't understand that instil we were older." He explain with a slightly smile at the memory of his siblings. He may of been a bad apple but he thought highly of his family.

That earn a small laugh from Fran. "Oh no, raising you must of be interesting." She replied back with a shake of her head in amusement before she took a sip of her drink.

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 890 comments "Wow, Nine sibblings? How did your mother handle all of you?" Eric shook his head. "All of you have powers? All earth or is there a scattering of the other elements in there?"

Her smile grew a bit. "As I got older you could barelly keep me out of the water."

message 50: by Cera (new)

Cera  | 4197 comments "She handle some of us but others she didn't. She did her best. Most of us had powers and there were a mix of elements. My oldest sister is a water wielder and then the youngest is a fire wielder." He explained.

"You sound like me and the outdoors. Inside the air doesn't move right. It feels weird inside." She said smiling back at the girl.

« previous 1 3 4 5