Play Book Tag discussion

January 2020: Thriller > The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 272 comments The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon 3 stars

Grace and Tilly are 10 years old, best friends, living on a seemingly quiet street in England. When on of the neighbors goes missing, the girls decide to see if they can find God in their neighborhood. Turns out all of the neighbors are hiding secrets, and the missing woman knows all of them. Does her disappearance have something to do with all her knowledge? The neighbors are wary of each other until "Jesus" is discovered in the neighborhood in the form of a stain near a drainpipe. This discovery seems to bring the neighborhood together, and several of the secrets are revealed.
Overall this is a charming read. Grace and Tilly are charming and the neighbors interesting. The story is well told. And the mystery fun.
It isn't your "normal" thriller, but it has been tagged thriller, so I am counting it!

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Ha ha, you managed to find the only religious thriller that's also cute and charming! Love it!

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5631 comments I read this for my F2F book club last year. I'd never heard of it until it appeared on the club's reading list. I agree ... totally charming.

message 4: by Karin (last edited Jan 20, 2020 03:17PM) (new)

Karin | 6919 comments Funny, I thought the writing was strong but didn't find this cute or charming (just checked my review to remember why I gave it 3 stars).