She Should Run Book Club discussion

Represent > T-minus 8 days until we launch!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Kiernan | 21 comments Mod
T-minus 8 days until we launch She Should Run's book club with the book, "Represent: The Woman’s Guide to Running for Office and Changing the World" For those of you who are unfamiliar with She Should Run, we are a nonpartisan nonprofit working to dramatically increase the number of women considering a run for public office.

Through data-driven content, education, and collective action that identifies and tackles barriers to elected leadership, we motivate women from all walks of life to explore the possibility of public office.

Our book club is our space for women to come together to learn more about running for office, what leadership can look like, and how She Should Run can help you start to explore a run for office.

You don't have to already be running for office or even considering a run for office to be a part of this group. There are no requirements except to be kind, respectful, and courteous to your fellow book club members.

My name is Kathleen Kiernan and I am the Programs Associate for She Should Run. With our Political Pipeline Director Jarinete Santos, I will be here all year long as a resource to you if you have questions about the books, running for office, or She Should Run. And you are all a resource too so we highly encourage you all to step in and share what you think as well.

I look forward to reading with you all soon and diving into "Represent: The Woman’s Guide to Running for Office and Changing the World."

Now, I'd love to hear from you all! What brought you to the book club? What are you most excited about in reading Represent? Have you ever considered running for office? Introduce yourself by commenting below!

message 2: by Jarinete (new)

Jarinete (jarisantos) | 3 comments Mod
I'll kick us off!

My name is Jarinete (Jah-ree-net) Santos. I joined my first book club in 4th grade and have been drawn to reading communities ever since. I am looking forward to reading Represent with all of you and learning the various ways women can claim their place at the table of elected leadership.

message 3: by Mary Campbell (new)

Mary Campbell | 2 comments My name is Mary Campbell. I haven’t been in a book club in probably 10 years but when I saw the title I knew I needed to be in the group. Considering my first run for office this month; nervous and excited. Looking forward to diving in together!

message 4: by Marney (new)

Marney Babbitt-Pierce Hi All! I'm Marney Babbitt-Pierce and I am running for Town Council in Arizona in August. I am excited to jump in with you all and learn more about my new adventure!

message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Marney wrote: "Hi All! I'm Marney Babbitt-Pierce and I am running for Town Council in Arizona in August. I am excited to jump in with you all and learn more about my new adventure!"

Hi Marney! Congratulations on taking that next step. We're cheering you on your way to office!

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Mary Campbell wrote: "My name is Mary Campbell. I haven’t been in a book club in probably 10 years but when I saw the title I knew I needed to be in the group. Considering my first run for office this month; nervous and..."

Hi Mary! We're glad to have you on board. We talk a lot about considering to run for office in our community. Have you joined the She Should Run Incubator? Our free Incubator program is designed to help you expand your awareness of possible paths to public leadership, get focused on where you want to go, and take real steps to move down the path you choose. www.sheshouldrun.org/incubator

message 7: by Thelma (new)

Thelma Tamez | 1 comments Hello,
I’m Thelma Tamez I recently have gained interest in running for office. I been following She Should & decided to join the book club. This year my goal is to do as much research & connections on creating a successful campaign 2021.

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Thelma wrote: "Hello,
I’m Thelma Tamez I recently have gained interest in running for office. I been following She Should & decided to join the book club. This year my goal is to do as much research & connections..."

Welcome Thelma!! We're so excited to have you in the club. Have you joined the She Should Run Incubator yet? www.sheshouldrun.org/incubator