Bookish First Readers discussion

Wake Up, Wanda Wiley
This topic is about Wake Up, Wanda Wiley
Archives > Wake Up, Wanda Wiley by Andrew Diamond

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Jul 06, 2020 08:02AM) (new) - added it

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 500 comments Mod
What was your First Impression from the First Look? Did you win a copy of this book? Discuss Wake Up, Wanda Wiley here!

Debbie (debbiedoesbookss) | 15 comments I liked the First Look. It looks like it will be a fun read. I entered the raffle.

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments This one seems pretty original so I entered to win.

message 4: by Jennifer (new) - added it

I LOVED this one. Here is my First Impression:

What an incredibly unique idea for a story! I feel like this book would easily make a hit movie. I'm surprised that this book has gotten so little attention since it published back in November. The dialogue between Hannah and Trevor is fun and quippy. Trevor reminds me of Buzz Lightyear in the first Toy Story movie, unable to realize that he is just a toy (or a character in a fiction thriller, in Trevor's case). I was dying laughing at the end of the excerpt and had to read the last page and a half aloud to my fiancé. If I don't win a copy, I'll definitely be purchasing a copy!

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments I won it!

message 6: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Elyse wrote: "I won it!"

Me too! It's the first ebook I've won on Bookish First.

Debbie (debbiedoesbookss) | 15 comments I won it too! It's my second ebook from Bookish. I hope I like it more than the first one.

message 8: by Jennifer (new) - added it

So many winners in our group! How exciting! I'm looking forward to exchanging thoughts with all of you! It's a very short book, around 150 pages or so.

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Do we lose out on 300 points on "pub day" because this has already been published? Is it being re-released? Did anyone receive an email with their e-book yet? Sorry for all the questions. lol.

message 10: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Elyse wrote: "Do we lose out on 300 points on "pub day" because this has already been published? Is it being re-released? Did anyone receive an email with their e-book yet? Sorry for all the questions. lol."

Correct, you won't get the 300 point bonus because this book has already been published. It is not being re-released. This also happened with my copy of Save Me From Dangerous Men. Just make sure that you share your review and links to your review within 3 months to still receive credit for those. I received my email this morning; the book is delivered via Prolific Works (formerly known as InstaFreebie).

message 11: by Jennifer (new) - added it

On that note, if anyone needs help accessing their book from Prolific Works, please let me know.

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Got it. Does anyone want to buddy read?

message 13: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Elyse wrote: "Got it. Does anyone want to buddy read?"

I would!

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Jennifer wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Got it. Does anyone want to buddy read?"

I would!"

Great! When do you want to do it? It's pretty short so I'm good for anytime this weekend or beyond.