Dog Lovers Book Club discussion

2020 READING CHALLENGE > 2020 CHALLENGE

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (last edited Jan 14, 2020 09:57AM) (new)

Dawn Emsen-Hough | 78 comments Mod
Let us know of any books that you have read that are contributing to your 2020 Challenge - what you thought of them and if you would recommend them.

Please remember, books you add here will not be included in your challenge unless saved in your challenge folder, this thread is simply for sharing your thoughts on any books read that may not have been part of our nominated read lists.

You can find out more about the challenge here: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

message 2: by Nadine Marie (new)

Nadine Marie | 8 comments E collar training by alex jesse
The Cockapoo Manual by Lionel Joel

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin | 20 comments Mod
I have finished Lucky for Me!
My first entry to the challenge!
This book is about a dog that was rescued from death row to become a sea-faring pup that loved to travel on his owners boat! It's a very interesting read and has some funny points, some sad points and is overall a good read!

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Just finished "Following Atticus" and loved every page. When author Tom Ryan loses his dog, Max to a tragic accident, he adopts Atticus M. Finch (from 2000 miles away!) Atticus proves to be a very unusual, very special pup. This book is the tale of their first 6-1/2 years together, a heart warming and inspiring journey discovering the wonders of nature and human-canine partnerships in the rugged White Mountains of New Hampshire. Really enjoyed this a lot!

message 5: by Jora (new)

Jora One of my favorite dog books of the ones that I have read this year so far (I just joined the group) is Dog Medicine by Julie Barton. It is a memoir about a woman [named Julie] who is struggling with crippling depression and adopts a golden retriever puppy named Bunker. Bunker is a beacon of light for Julie. I don't want to spoil too much, but it is sad and then very sweet. Bunker is an awesome dog. Although a chunk of the book is quite sad, I quite enjoyed it: it's very good. Another very good read is
Meet Your Dog: The Game-Changing Guide to Understanding Your Dog's Behavior by Kim Brophey. It is, as the title states, a game-changing guide to understanding your dog's behavior, but it also helps you understand your dog as a living thing. It helped me understand various kinds of dogs a lot more, in addition to what these dogs' needs, wants, drives, passions, and motives are for doing things. It's very well-organized. In addition, I found it great fun to read.